NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
May 5, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #1,006 of 3,345
Any recommendations on portable dac amp for this headphones, how's fiio e18

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I've been using mine with a GeekOut450 and I can't set the volume past 23% or it too loud for me... An iphone can get them too loud as well

May 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #1,007 of 3,345
I have to say this is one of the easiest headphone to drive that I have ever heard!
Remarkable.
My HeadAmp GS-1 with Signal Cable Silver Resolution interconnects does slightly improve the bass, spaciousness, and detail compared to the Marantz CD6004 headphone jack.

May 5, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #1,008 of 3,345
Finally gave in to the HP50 in red. Love the colour and the sound.

But downsides: My headphones really creaks. Funny how people loves it builds..but really poor compared with the B&W.
So plasticky.And it creaks. 
And the Headband is weird. Looks and fit.
But the sound...makes up for a lot. Still after a few hours of listening..my ears started to hurt. Pain was inside. After taking off the headphones for a rest...the pain withdrew. I wear glasses. Anyone have the same problem?

Also when you place the headphone in the case/pouch. Do you guys remove the cable first?
Is the case strong enough.or better to buy a hardcase.
Also  inside the puch there is a small flap in tehmiddele of a case. What's that flap for anyway?

May 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #1,009 of 3,345
I'm selling my HP50.. Let me know if you are interested. http://www.head-fi.org/t/717373/nad-viso-hp50

May 5, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #1,010 of 3,345
But downsides: My headphones really creaks. Funny how people loves it builds..but really poor compared with the B&W.
So plasticky.And it creaks. 
...my ears started to hurt. Pain was inside.

I posted a few mods which have made my set amazing in my opinion, tho fully respect if you don't want to do them on your new set. For me the sound was worth finding a solution.

To get more depth in the cups and make them comfier, I put a length of tube around the inside underneath the pads to give them height.

For the creaks, I found that two dobs of blutak or something like it on the inside where the hinge comes through the cups completely eliminated the creak. There should be a picture on the last page.

Anyway, hope it helps with these fantastic hp's :)

May 5, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #1,011 of 3,345
Also  inside the puch there is a small flap in tehmiddele of a case. What's that flap for anyway?

Pretty much agree with all your comments except the sound hasn't fully won me over yet. As for that flap it's to prevent the plastic cups from scratching each other up. However, they really should've made it longer so you don't always need to store it pad side up.

May 6, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #1,012 of 3,345
I posted a few mods which have made my set amazing in my opinion, tho fully respect if you don't want to do them on your new set. For me the sound was worth finding a solution.

To get more depth in the cups and make them comfier, I put a length of tube around the inside underneath the pads to give them height.

For the creaks, I found that two dobs of blutak or something like it on the inside where the hinge comes through the cups completely eliminated the creak. There should be a picture on the last page.

Anyway, hope it helps with these fantastic hp's :)

What kind of tube? Do you have a picture?

May 7, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #1,014 of 3,345
Does anyone use a non-stock audio cable with their HP50s? I never liked the default one, but I remember someone had trouble getting other audio cables to plug into the headphones correctly, also the manual says not to use 3rd party cables. Had my eye on this cable for a while: http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

May 7, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #1,015 of 3,345
Does anyone use a non-stock audio cable with their HP50s? I never liked the default one, but I remember someone had trouble getting other audio cables to plug into the headphones correctly, also the manual says not to use 3rd party cables. Had my eye on this cable for a while: http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

There was discussion on this a couple of pages ago. The vmoda cables work and there was debate as to whether the quality of sound was affected, I think 2 saying it was fine and 1 that it made the sound worse. I am going to make my own cable once the silver plated copper wire comes in and report back here if there is anything interesting :)

May 8, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #1,018 of 3,345
There was discussion on this a couple of pages ago. The vmoda cables work and there was debate as to whether the quality of sound was affected, I think 2 saying it was fine and 1 that it made the sound worse. I am going to make my own cable once the silver plated copper wire comes in and report back here if there is anything interesting :)

Oh man It wasn't even two pages back, it was once page back. I am ashamed :frowning2: - I just wanted to avoid looking through the whole thread for cable talk...but I guess I just had to go back one :p - A good discussion it was, learned a lot from it, thanks!

May 8, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #1,019 of 3,345
It is with a great sorrow that I will return my pair of hp50s. They sounded great, but the headband wasnt confortable for me. I felt much pressure at the very top of my head only and not distributed throught the head.... Need to find something that molds better

May 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,020 of 3,345
@eliwankenobi - I've noticed that they curiously only allowed rotation of the pads in one direction and that is towards one's nose when wearing them. I think it would've been more helpful if it were able to rotate the other way towards the back of one's head since in general our head shape is slightly tapered as it goes towards the back of the head.

Try this, wear it reversed with R on your left ear and then play around with the angle of the pads and its positioning. Of course this isn't ideal since the channels are now reversed but at least see if that improves comfort any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back