NAD VISO HP 70
May 9, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #61 of 70
I like the HP70 a lot more than the 1000XM3 even though the ANC is not as good. The XM3 are just to bass oriented and dark with subdued treble. I also prefer the HP70 more than the AKG offering. I am very tempted to try the Sony WH-910N though as it apparently is not dark like the XM3 while offering close to the same level of ANC since my phone has LDAC the lack of APTx is not an issue for me and the 910N is available at Costco for 199US or $250CAD at the respective Costco locations. So much more affordable. Search for the thread on these and see what is being said.
Thanks for the recomendation, I'm willing to give them a shot at that price potentially, i'll check out the thread.

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #62 of 70
I know these are somewhat outdated at this point, but Amazon dealers in the US have been fire selling these for $199. They typically retail for $449 and you typically can’t find them for anything lower than $350. For $199 these are steal in my opinion. Even today, they are still top 5 in my opinion when it comes to pure wireless anc sound quality. Couldn’t help myself and snatched me up one. Can’t wait to revisit these.

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #63 of 70
I know these are somewhat outdated at this point, but Amazon dealers in the US have been fire selling these for $199. They typically retail for $449 and you typically can’t find them for anything lower than $350. For $199 these are steal in my opinion. Even today, they are still top 5 in my opinion when it comes to pure wireless anc sound quality. Couldn’t help myself and snatched me up one. Can’t wait to revisit these.
Nice! i agree. These are super underrated. Glad to own a pair.

Mar 19, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #64 of 70
I own the HP70, XM1000-3, and N700NC. The N700NC is slightly more neutral than the HP70 and the cups are bigger in diameter but not nearly as plush as HP70. For pure comfort I like the HP70 a bit more despite the smaller diameter.

When I first got the HP70 I found them a bit harsh sounding but that is now gone and I really enjoy their sound.

I find I use the HP70 more at home though as they are slightly to big or less portable than the N700NC but I honestly like them both equally now. Both are miles ahead of the XM1000-3 for over all sound but are behind it for ANC. I would say the N700NC is slightly ahead of the HP70 for ANC and it also has much better software and features almost as good as the XM1000-3.

My wife has claimed the XM1000-3 and I am fine with that. I use the other 2 almost daily...
I can only guess that you never did an equalization to cancel out the bass bloat in the stock Sony signature of the XM3. And definitely not best achieved by the terrible equalizer included in the Sony app, I mean a proper equalizer such as found in Neutron or Onkyo HF Player. The moment you liberate the XM3 from that horrendous stock hot mess of bass, you hear what the design is capable of. Not a chance in purgatory that once the bass bloat is trimmed those other headphones are "miles ahead of the XM1000-3 for over all sound". I could understand somebody saying that of the stock signature, that is just a mess, but repeating myself here, if you did not use proper equalization to cut the bloat away and formed your opinion of the XM3 from the stock tuning, well, you didn't get to hear the potential in that design. Maybe you did, but miles ahead is an extremely strong statement.

Aug 6, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #65 of 70
I bought the HP70 to replace my failing Bose QC35, the BT module is out of service or something like that.
I will use them as my office headphones, the Dalio IO6 I have in white are not blending in the office :).

Some pictures of the purchase attached.

Do they need some play before being at 100%?

I did not find any firmware at NAD, so they don't need any?

Attachments

• 20210806_084606.jpg
    20210806_084606.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210806_084619.jpg
    20210806_084619.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210806_085440.jpg
    20210806_085440.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210806_085648.jpg
    20210806_085648.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 20, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #66 of 70
Do the HP70s have an AAC codec for Apple? Because I'm looking for BT headphones for the IPhone and the HP70 come out probably the best of what I've looked at, but I can't find information anywhere on whether they have AAC.

Sep 21, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #67 of 70
Do the HP70s have an AAC codec for Apple? Because I'm looking for BT headphones for the IPhone and the HP70 come out probably the best of what I've looked at, but I can't find information anywhere on whether they have AAC.
yes the HP70 supports AAC.
SBC, AAC, APTX and APTXHD.

Sep 22, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #68 of 70
I have one more question. What is the case with the pads? Can they be purchased somewhere?
Because when buying headphones, I would prefer to be able to buy original pads, if the current ones wear out And as I looked, I could not find pads for these headphones anywhere. Even on the NAD website they are not available.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #69 of 70
I have one more question. What is the case with the pads? Can they be purchased somewhere?
Because when buying headphones, I would prefer to be able to buy original pads, if the current ones wear out And as I looked, I could not find pads for these headphones anywhere. Even on the NAD website they are not available.
That's a great question.
I' mnot sure. FWIW, I've had mine for 3.5 years, and the pads are still going strong. But the HP70 was discontinued I believe. Sonically, the PSB M4U 8 are very similar, different look though. I mention them because PSB is a sister company to NAD, and the PSB Headphones ship with 2 sets of earpads.
It wouldn't hurt to call NAD and see if they have pads, and just don't have them listed. That happens sometimes.
I'd start there because maybe you can stockpile some pads for not much of a cost.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #70 of 70
That's a great question.
I' mnot sure. FWIW, I've had mine for 3.5 years, and the pads are still going strong. But the HP70 was discontinued I believe. Sonically, the PSB M4U 8 are very similar, different look though. I mention them because PSB is a sister company to NAD, and the PSB Headphones ship with 2 sets of earpads.
It wouldn't hurt to call NAD though and see if they have pads though, and just don't have them listed. That happens sometimes.
I'd start there because maybe you can stockpile some pads for not much of a cost.
I wrote to NAD support with this question, but so far no answer yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back