NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions
Apr 25, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #826 of 1,623
Is anyone using M51 with Linux via USB? Does it work? I'm trying to use M51 with Linux Mint without success. The OS simply does not see it. M2TECH Two USB -> SPDIF converter is working OK.

Edit: got answer from NAD support:

This is known issue and we are looking at software fix for the M51 to work with Linux.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #830 of 1,623
Quote:
x2 here. And the m51/Off Ramp 5/MBP/Amarra combo is what led me to sell off all of my analog gear. I now listen to music much more often and get much more enjoyiment out of it. I will say, in my younger days when I had free time, probably would have kept them both, but this digital is very, very good. And very musical.

What is MBP in your set-up? And do you have the standard OR5, or the OR5 plus some of the options they offer?

Thanks,
Mick.

Apr 30, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #839 of 1,623
I can't remember the guy's username (sorry!) but he put my NAD in his system (Macbook Pro Retina and Violetric amp with LCD2s) and was listening to it for about an hour - think he wants to buy one now.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #840 of 1,623
I can't remember the guy's username (sorry!) but he put my NAD in his system (Macbook Pro Retina and Violetric amp with LCD2s) and was listening to it for about an hour - think he wants to buy one now.

Ya that was me :D. Thinking about selling a watch to fund it. Only problem is that it's a lot bigger than I thought it was making it a bit tricky to fit it on my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back