NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions
Apr 1, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,306 of 1,623
Not sure but the M51's RRP has always been lower in Australia. I paid $1299AUD when it was initially released. Odd that NAD have priced it so much in other markets. Usually prices are much higher in Australia compared to the rest of the world.

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #1,307 of 1,623
yeah, wondering if international resellers will follow suit and start discounting the m51 like they're doing in oz.  lots of good choices these days...the $1K-2K market is pretty competitive...

Apr 3, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #1,312 of 1,623
gs1000.gif

I was talking about the sound, but that's OK too.

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #1,317 of 1,623

trying to buy an australian one, too...the one dealer i contacted will sell me one, but says i have to arrange my own shipping...aussies, what's the best post company to use to ship to the states?

Where are you shipping it to? 

Also, please bear in mind the package is heavy and the box is quite big, You would do well to get the package weight and dimensions from the sellter, then and ask whichever shipping company you choose to quote you a volumetric shipping rate. 

I've been burned before by international shipping, where I thought I would save a lot, but actually turned out the same due to shipping and taxes. 

When I ship from AU to NZ, the seller always uses DHL. No issues thus far. You can arrange straight from DHL for them to pick it up from the store, but I think there's extra cost to that. 

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #1,318 of 1,623
I wanted to buy Chane Arx speakers from the states, but was told I had to arrange my own shipping... americans. Shipping a M51 to the states will be really expensive, I would guestimate around 300.

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #1,319 of 1,623
  I wanted to buy Chane Arx speakers from the states, but was told I had to arrange my own shipping... americans. Shipping a M51 to the states will be really expensive, I would guestimate around 300.

was this a dig on americans? hmm, what a difference a comma makes, eh? "aussies, what's..." means i'm asking the aussies a question.

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #1,320 of 1,623
^ Wasn't a dig, I was just parroting you for comedic value (and is a true story like yours). I don't see how a comma or period makes it different but whatever, and I tried to provide some info on your question based on my experience with shipping quotes of big heavy stuff from states by UPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back