NAD D1050 DAC and headphone amplifier
Aug 18, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #61 of 123
  I don't think the fact that it switches to tape loop on amp at the same time as switching to input opt on the dac could possibly damage or degrade the amp in any way? I am 90% sure it would not and it is possibly a stupid question.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying; on my two NAD amps, the tape loop isn't selected. it may be that the Harmony database has the wrong codes. Get a DR2 and be finished with this issue.

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #63 of 123
So you are saying that if I buy the D2 remote, it will turn on/off, change the inputs (volume as well?) of the D1050, without changing anything on the 326bee?

Best I can get with harmony (tried about 5 nad amps and all of the D series in harmony software)....

on / off working for both, volume control working for amp, select "input opt2" selects opt2 on dac but also enables "tape loop" on amp, pressing it again will disable tape loop and leave "opt2" selected, pressing "inputcomputer" will switch to USB input on dac without changing anything on amp...

So its almost working properly except that it selects "tape loop" on the amp whenever I select "opt2" on the dac, which if I press the button again on the remote will deselect "tape loop" and then works. I assume this will be ok and selecting tape loop at the same time as changing inputs on dac every time, will not cause any problems.... But I might just get the D2 remote if it will 100% definitely just change the dac without affecting the amp.

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #64 of 123
  So you are saying that if I buy the D2 remote, it will turn on/off, change the inputs (volume as well?) of the D1050, without changing anything on the 326bee?

Best I can get with harmony (tried about 5 nad amps and all of the D series in harmony software)....

on / off working for both, volume control working for amp, select "input opt2" selects opt2 on dac but also enables "tape loop" on amp, pressing it again will disable tape loop and leave "opt2" selected, pressing "inputcomputer" will switch to USB input on dac without changing anything on amp...

So its almost working properly except that it selects "tape loop" on the amp whenever I select "opt2" on the dac, which if I press the button again on the remote will deselect "tape loop" and then works. I assume this will be ok and selecting tape loop at the same time as changing inputs on dac every time, will not cause any problems.... But I might just get the D2 remote if it will 100% definitely just change the dac without affecting the amp.

No. Re-read my post. The DR2 will turn on/off both the D 1050 and the amp (I have a C 162 and a C 375; can't speak to the C 326, but it should be the same).

The amp's remote will changes the inputs on both the amp and the D 1050. However, the little arrow keys below the round pad are for Prev/Next input selection - these buttons ONLY work on the D 1050 and do nothing on the integrated amp.

Sep 22, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #65 of 123
I'm about to plunge in to get this. Anyone knows if it's better than the Aune T1 or O2+ODAC for the DAC potion? I'm not concerned about the amp only the DAC as I'll be using it with a good tube amp.

If you have experience with any of those would love to hear your views.

Sep 23, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #67 of 123
  Never mind it's coming in 10 days time. I'll let you know how it compares.

You'll like it; the DAC section is very clean and transparent. I use this, alternately, as one of my DACs output into my Woo WA3 and I love the sound of these two together.

Sep 23, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #68 of 123
Excellent !  I'm using it with a new tube amp call Elise by Feliks Audio from Poland with my HD650 headphone.
I have both iMac and PC but will use the iMac for my music source. I like how the NAD USB is set at 192 so I'll be using USB connection.

Also I think I will get a Harmony remote control based on what's discuss above.

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #69 of 123
Had the NAD D1050 for one day now and I'm really happy with it. Hooked up was straight forward and done in 5 mins. 1st impressions are wider deeper soundstage, clarity of sound and warmth which I love. Mid range is full and thoroughly enjoyable. Amp is impressive for it's power. Drove my HE560 without any problems. However I prefer tube amplification. So NAD as DAC is a keeper for me and for the odd occasion when I need the amp it's there.

Dec 29, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #70 of 123
i too had the same problem btw nad d 1050 and Logitech 350. most of the functions are not assigned by default when you sync . But now all the fucntions coax1,coax2, opt1,opt2, usb etc are all working in harmony 350. there is a button assignment provision in the harmony software where you can assign the functions of buttons of your choice.

the nad d 1050 firmware should be latest I think 3.1

cheers

rams

Dec 29, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #71 of 123
i too had the same problem btw nad d 1050 and Logitech 350. most of the functions are not assigned by default when you sync . But now all the fucntions coax1,coax2, opt1,opt2, usb etc are all working in harmony 350. there is a button assignment provision in the harmony software where you can assign the functions of buttons of your choice.

the nad d 1050 firmware should be latest I think 3.1

cheers

rams

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #72 of 123

Yes, I have this remote (the DR2) and it works great....

For me, when I use the DR2, the arrow buttons below the circular pad change ONLY the inputs on the D 1050 - on the C 162 and the C 375 these buttons do nothing. So, I use the DR2 to Next/Prev to the correct input, after using the main remote to power on both units and to select the correct analog input on the amp.

I was hoping that you could map INPUT NEXT/PREV to the DR2 codes (i.e. D 3020) and they would not effect the amp.

I was tired of playing this game, so I just ordered a DR2 and manage things as I describe above.

Hi Krutsch,

Where did you order the DR2 remote from? Did you call NAD directly? I can't seem to find it anywhere online or on ebay/kijiji etc. 

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #73 of 123
  Hi Krutsch,

Where did you order the DR2 remote from? Did you call NAD directly? I can't seem to find it anywhere online or on ebay/kijiji etc. 

Ordered it from a local dealer. NAD doesn't sell stuff like this on-line.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #75 of 123
  OK thanks. I'll get in touch with the local NAD dealers. How much did you pay for it? I rarely change the input, so I don't want to spend too much on something i would rarely use, but it is a nice to have. 

They just gave to me... says something about what I've spent there 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back