Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Oct 31, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #46 of 818
I had the original Brooklyn DAC for a few months and did enjoy it, but always felt the headphone section was a bit off and that there wasn't enough separation between channels. That appears to have been corrected with the +. I am very happy with the upgrade and how well I was treated by Music Direct throughout the process. (if it sounds like a commercial for Music Direct, then so be it. In the couple of years I have been dealing with them I have never been disappointed)

Music direct would not let me trade mine in. They told me it was for line jumps (Brooklyn to Manhattan) not Brooklyn to newer Brooklyn. Oh well.

Oct 31, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #47 of 818
Music direct would not let me trade mine in. They told me it was for line jumps (Brooklyn to Manhattan) not Brooklyn to newer Brooklyn. Oh well.

I sent an email off to my Mytek dealer as well. My request for a trade in quote wasn't exactly a resounding success. The dealer pretty much ignored it and said the spread was too great to bother with.

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #48 of 818
Getting mine from MD today. Very excited. I have the original Brooklyn so I am looking forward to hearing this step up

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #50 of 818
IMG_1129.jpg
Black is the only way to go :)

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #52 of 818
Got a 6 hour playlist burning through it now. Will sit down at 10PM for an initial listen. Hope it was worth it :wink:

Nov 4, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #55 of 818
Got a 6 hour playlist burning through it now. Will sit down at 10PM for an initial listen. Hope it was worth it :wink:

Well?

I found that on the original Mytek Brooklyn, burn in made a big difference. It took the better part of a few weeks of idling and playing. It was worth the wait.

I have no out of box complaints and am willing to let it settle in if it needs to, but to be honest in my opinion the + is a definite improvement in many areas compared to the original. Now will I find flaws.. the answer is probably, but for now I am pleased with the choice I made

Nov 4, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #56 of 818
I agree with watchdog507 my DAC+ kept improving for a full two weeks. I leave it on 24/7. I would be interested if anyone using the Toslink in has the same glare problem on that input I notice. I bought direct from NY and they are very willing to take a look at my unit but I am enjoying MQA too much to send it back right now. My experience over the years with electronics is audible problems usually get worse until something fails, unless my ears are faulty and no one else has a problem with Toslink.

Nov 4, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #57 of 818
I run the Node 2 into the DAC + via toslink with no noticeable glare. Sounds extraordinary clear and wide.

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #58 of 818
Although I do not have big experiences with Brooklyn as headphone amp becouse I do not own headphones at this moment. But when I tried Brooklyn with some headphones in shop a few months ago only LCDX, LCD3, HE560. I have to agree that with LCD3, HE560 was not optimal but still I think useful. But original Brooklyn with LCDX, HEXv2 sounds great.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #59 of 818
Although I do not have big experiences with Brooklyn as headphone amp becouse I do not own headphones at this moment. But when I tried Brooklyn with some headphones in shop a few months ago only LCDX, LCD3, HE560. I have to agree that with LCD3, HE560 was not optimal but still I think useful. But original Brooklyn with LCDX, HEXv2 sounds great.

The Brooklyn is a versatile product it's a DAC, a Phono Amp, it has Preamp functions including analog and Digital Volume and it's a Headphone amp. All well and good but in my opinion it shines as a DAC and that's how I've used it and how most users use it. I believe in separates and optimizing functions. The Brooklyn has never had glowing reviews as a headphone amp the Brooklyn + who knows.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #60 of 818
I can report that the headphone amp in the DAC + is much improved this go around. More control, balance, with no hint of distortion even at high levels. Sounds great using the balanced adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back