Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Jun 10, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #31 of 818
I have Brooklyn DAC in silver since March 2016. I use it as dac/preamp combo with my active speaker. I do not use it often, once a week due to less time but when I listening it I listen almost all day. So I am very happy with it. The sound is very dynamic, detailed and pleasant, I thought about trying some separate preamp and result might be sure better but I am satisfied even like it is. I also tryed them with LCDX longer time, also really great sound via easier drive planars headphone, wish I could try them with HE1000 but here separate amp could be good to consider at least to comparison.

I recomend try quality power cable for it, for me it is noticeably to better mainly with speaker. Also what I like about Mytek is they care about their customer, in begining was not everything optimal but they put newer and newer firmwares on their clear website to solve the problems and actual it.
What I do not recomend is to use it with IEMs, it is not for this type of use, it hiss a lot so if you want use it with IEM you have to buy some separate amp as someone wrote here before me but with full size headphone it is of course dead silent.

But in the end I wanted sell all my system one year ago due to the less time and want invest to study more. But nobody bought my system in my country so I am using it happily until now :D.

And one thing what I do not like is that Brooklyn do not have button on/off on back panel, so when you want disconect power cable of the Brooklyn you have to off first light logo or voltage socket.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #32 of 818
I also replaced the headphone cable with a Moon Audio Black Dragon that I had. Well, BOOM the depth and smoothness I was enjoying was back.
I just received a balanced version of the Moon Audio Black Dragon cable for my Fostex TH-900 Mk2 headphones. The cable is barely broken in, and as you say, the depth and smoothness that I always missed is suddenly there.

I've had my Brooklyn since Feb 2016. I pair it with an HD-Plex LPS that powers the Brooklyn and a Sonore µRendu (connected by a short Curious cable).

Wow, am I ever happy with this as my desktop headphone rig. Listening to Tidal MQAs is just pure joy.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #35 of 818
Anyone having any problems with the new Windows Fall creators update? After the update I can't get my Brooklyn to play Tidal Masters. I've tried EVERYTHING! Please help

I have the Fall Creators update on my music system and it's working with the Mytek drivers with Roon playing Tidal.

The updates are here:

https://mytekdigital.com/hifi/support/

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #38 of 818
have you checked to make sure that MQA pass-through is enabled in the app and MQA is enabled in the settings of the Brooklyn?
Not to state the obvious. Have you right clicked on your speaker icon on the taskbar and made certain that Mytek Brooklyn is your default device and that the correct upsampling has been selected. It would be easier if we had an image of the front of the Brooklyn and of the default device for output.

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #39 of 818
On further investigation, I went into TIDAL directly and there is a problem. When you click on "play" the "waiting" icon that spins wile you are waiting for your music to load never connects. My guess is that TIDAL has a problem with the creator's update. This is probably a universal issue and will be addressed promptly. I didn't notice this because I only use ROON to access TIDAL.

Oct 24, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #42 of 818
Anyone know whats new with the Brooklyn DAC+? I dont see anything on their site that looks different than the original model.

From their press release: "...redesigned and enhanced conversion, analog and power supply circuits, resulting in overall improved sound quality. Improvements include the new Sabre 9028PRO DAC chipset for enhanced resolution and better digital filter options, upgraded headphone amplifier, better L/R separation, larger capacity power supply and new, very transparent analog attenuator circuit." https://mytekdigital.com/download_library/reviews/Mytek_2017_RMAF_press_release.pdf

They've also released a matching amp.

The bad news: if you already own a Brooklyn, there is no upgrade offer.

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #43 of 818
From their press release: "...redesigned and enhanced conversion, analog and power supply circuits, resulting in overall improved sound quality. Improvements include the new Sabre 9028PRO DAC chipset for enhanced resolution and better digital filter options, upgraded headphone amplifier, better L/R separation, larger capacity power supply and new, very transparent analog attenuator circuit." https://mytekdigital.com/download_library/reviews/Mytek_2017_RMAF_press_release.pdf

They've also released a matching amp.

The bad news: if you already own a Brooklyn, there is no upgrade offer.

I just traded mine where I purchased it (Music Direct) and they were willing to work with me on a reasonable trade in value. it did help that my purchase was recent, but hey it is worth a try. And although I have only given a brief listen, I like what I am hearing. In my opinion (take it for what its worth) if you are planning on staying with one DAC for a long time and you like how Mytek does things, get the Brooklyn +. It is an upgrade from the original in everyway they advertise

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #44 of 818
I have been living with a Brooklyn DAC+ for a few weeks now. No experience with the original version. I use it primarily to listen to MQA releases on Tidal and it does a great job. The built in headphone amp is as good as a Magni 3 I also have on my desk. The only complaint I have with the DAC+ is when using the Toslink optical in for PCM from my TV there is a problem with digital glare. The glare I hear is only on Toslink in ... not USB ... and am working with support on it to find a fix.

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #45 of 818
I have been living with a Brooklyn DAC+ for a few weeks now. No experience with the original version. I use it primarily to listen to MQA releases on Tidal and it does a great job. The built in headphone amp is as good as a Magni 3 I also have on my desk. The only complaint I have with the DAC+ is when using the Toslink optical in for PCM from my TV there is a problem with digital glare. The glare I hear is only on Toslink in ... not USB ... and am working with support on it to find a fix.

I had the original Brooklyn DAC for a few months and did enjoy it, but always felt the headphone section was a bit off and that there wasn't enough separation between channels. That appears to have been corrected with the +. I am very happy with the upgrade and how well I was treated by Music Direct throughout the process. (if it sounds like a commercial for Music Direct, then so be it. In the couple of years I have been dealing with them I have never been disappointed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back