Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Jan 31, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #361 of 810
That's interesting

I am listening to the Brooklyn+ version right now, and with headphones, it is simply outstanding. I see a HUGE difference when using midrange priced headphones, it really makes them shine and powers them without a hiccup.
Same here i use my dac + with focal clear pro sounds so awesome! So detailed, clean, super wide soundstage awesome layering and separation, musical and yet without fatigue. Its so good now am thinking of buying the Brooklyn bridge for more ease and same sound quality

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #362 of 810
it is a great dac for the money but it does have a poor resale compared to other brands. i just
think people are not familiar with it.

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #363 of 810
Same here i use my dac + with focal clear pro sounds so awesome! So detailed, clean, super wide soundstage awesome layering and separation, musical and yet without fatigue. Its so good now am thinking of buying the Brooklyn bridge for more ease and same sound quality
just buy an sotm sms 200 used. that thing is incredible or something similar. makes a huge difference.

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #365 of 810
So true compared to others like chord. Am thinking its as a result of poor marketing
chord has many other issues as well as poor resale. i have no respect for chord as a brand, mytek is solid in that respect.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #367 of 810
I already ordered the sbooster mk2 (12-13v) and will be arriving next week. Do you think its a good choice and will make a difference with my dac+?
will make a big difference for sure. all the best dacs have lps.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #369 of 810
hi fi is one of those things where you can't cut corners,. you need the LPS you need the streamer, and the power conditioner. all these things add up $$ wise but realistically all make a huge difference. i wish they did not but they do.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #370 of 810
hi fi is one of those things where you can't cut corners,. you need the LPS you need the streamer, and the power conditioner. all these things add up $$ wise but realistically all make a huge difference. i wish they did not but they do.
I don't have any audio gear money left for a long time coming, so laptop USB will have to do. A streamer would be nice, but I'm not too concerned about it. I almost got a used Singxer SU-1 DDC for a great price to convert USB to use the AES connection into the DAC but it was just too many boxes and all. Kind of wish I had gotten it, but it wasn't ideal at the time.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #371 of 810
I don't have any audio gear money left for a long time coming, so laptop USB will have to do. A streamer would be nice, but I'm not too concerned about it. I almost got a used Singxer SU-1 DDC for a great price to convert USB to use AES/EBU into the DAC but it was just too many boxes and all. Kind of wish I had gotten it, but it wasn't ideal at the time.
i tried it all and saw that it all matters more than i wished however now i just have a dac amp combo and a streamer. hope to not have to sell what i have but who knows...

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #372 of 810
it is a great dac for the money but it does have a poor resale compared to other brands. i just
think people are not familiar with it.

I think more people will be getting familiar with it once I finish writing my in-depth review :)

New firmware 1.24 for the DAC+ has been released.

It fixed the stuck left channel peak reading meter issue of firmware 1.23 while using DSD files. Haven't tested enough to see if there are any other issues.

I am also running 1.23 right now, no issues at all, I'm having the time of my life with this DAC :)

Need to update to 1.24 now :)

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #373 of 810
That's interesting

I am listening to the Brooklyn+ version right now, and with headphones, it is simply outstanding. I see a HUGE difference when using midrange priced headphones, it really makes them shine and powers them without a hiccup.

I owned a Brooklyn DAC+ for a year so am very familiar with it, how it sounds and its defects. The built in head amp is about as good as a Schiit Magni 2, nothing to write home about. When you cram all those options in a small case with a switching power supply you can't expect outstanding performance from all inputs or outputs.

I bought in to the MQA hype and had to try out the DAC+ ... in retrospect I should have bought the Yggdrasil to begin with. No need for add on linear power supplies or USB converters, has a five year warranty and boards that can be upgraded. Yggys hold their value also. I use both Tidal and Qobuz and 24/96 FLAC from Qobuz beats MQA from Tidal for sound quality.

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #374 of 810
Yggys hold their value also.

not really, the moment the first upgrades were available, the resale value of the first gen Yggy dropped by the exact amount it would cost to upgrade to gen 2. and if you look today, relatively new gen 2 units drop $400-500 in value quickly. Upgraditis has the value of many good pieces of kit tanking rather quickly

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #375 of 810

I have ordered the Brooklyn Bridge. The DAC+ was already a smorgasbord in versatility. My only concern with the Bridge is the quality of the phono stage. While I don't expect it to be as, relatively, good as the DAC, I hope it delivers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back