Mytek Announces Clef Mobile MQA DAC/Amp @ CES 2017
May 2, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #91 of 136
It’s like beating a dead snake.... yet again, nothing from Michael and his team. At this point I’m just curious to know why the lack of service??? Seems simply, yet it may not be for them as we’re left in the dark. It’s hard to have compassion and understanding when we have nothing to go on. If I was them, I’d be concerned of getting poor reviews/feedback on social networks....

May 7, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #95 of 136
Okay thanks! I will share if I get anything- pls do the same

No reply yet on my order cancellation but finally did get a general update email from Michal yesterday that included the bad news about indefinite delay:

"With regrets I have to confirm that we were not able to meet the earlier delayed and now passed deadline for shipping the new Clef DAC.

While we have been showing the Clef at numerous audio Shows and are getting a great feedback, particularly about MQA and Bluetooth sound quality, we were unable to tackle the case production quality problems we have experienced with newly established China manufacturing.

I just received confirmation we will not be releasing the product yet due to imperfections in quality of the plastic. We have decided to halt the shipping until we can deliver the finished quality customer expects from Mytek brand.

At this point we are unable to provide exact future date. We are working with new manufacturing setup to address these issue. Shipping definitely will happen by the Fall albeit we cannot confirm when."

They're offering cancellations or a one time rebate for existing pre-orders to offset the delay for customers who want to wait it out. I'm choosing the former. I may revisit the issue at a later date but I'd ratherl just wait and see if it materializes, what the reviews are on the production units - assuming I'm still am in the market for this kind of solution at that time.

Jeff

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #97 of 136
Unfortunately for me it's been 1.5 months since I received that email and asked for a refund and have been given no reply. Sent an additional email out and no reply. Called and no reply. Given their circumstances I was led to believe that I'd be given a prompt refund. So I guess i'm forced to wait indefinitely for whenever/if their product gets released and mailed to people and am out $299.99. Sorry but that is just not acceptable and will prevent me from purchasing their Liberty DAC if that's the case. They have been such a great company in the past. May have to report this to the BBB even though I'd rather not.

Jun 18, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #98 of 136
I am also having the same problem in getting a refund from Mytek. Despite having promptly cancelled my order after the last email from them on 6 May, I have yet to receive a refund. I called Mytek about it a couple of weeks ago and even managed to speak with Michal Jurewicz himself, who promised to look into it and get back to me by email, which didn't happen. Now there has been no further responses to my emails or messages. It would be interesting to find out if anyone has received the promised refund?

Jun 18, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #99 of 136
Same here - I initially opted for the partial $100 refund + hold on to my purchase and receive it once available. Yet no refund given. At this point I was going to request a complete refund and chaulk this up to an unfortunate experience. My order was put through back in January, no service at best. Im not confident this is a responsible company and would rather no longer associate with them.

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #100 of 136
Depending on what credit card the order was put in, you may get your money back through the Credit card company. American express, for example, will refund you money in these situations and take the fight to them. It's worth a try for those left with little to no choices.

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #102 of 136
Has anyone had any luck in receiving a refund? I’ve been trying to contact them by email and phone but not having any luck.
No one has gotten a refund I believe. Email says shipping will begin sometime in the fall and if you want a refund to reply to the email. I've done a lot to contact them and requested a refund but so far got nothing, not even a reply back. So at this point I don't know what is happening and I guess I lost out on almost $300.

Aug 1, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #103 of 136
No one has gotten a refund I believe. Email says shipping will begin sometime in the fall and if you want a refund to reply to the email. I've done a lot to contact them and requested a refund but so far got nothing, not even a reply back. So at this point I don't know what is happening and I guess I lost out on almost $300.
This would be the nuclear option, but: https://www.bbb.org/en/us

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #105 of 136
It really does suck - I’ve tried several times to reach them via different sources and nothing. I’ve even gone as far as letting them know that my last resort would be to contact the BBB and no response. I don’t think I have a choice - they don’t seem t be concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back