Mytek Announces Clef Mobile MQA DAC/Amp @ CES 2017
Feb 22, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #62 of 136
Has anyone who pre-ordered had their credit cards charged? If no I would cancel my order.

Yes, my credit card was charged. But I'm not going to cancel my order simply because of a delay in production. It can be frustrating but that's something a customer has to deal with from time to time. What I'm really disappointed with though is their customer service and dead silence approach. A company that strives to earn respect and success should at least reach out to their customers both in good and bad times. Delaying the release of a product is not such a big deal but their attitude is.
The reluctance of a Mytek representative to reply to their customers' comments in this thread, share any information on release date or at least try and pretend to be helpful is indicative of their uncivilized business approach.

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #63 of 136
The reluctance of a Mytek representative to reply to their customers' comments in this thread, share any information on release date or at least try and pretend to be helpful is indicative of their uncivilized business approach.

Last night I sent Mytek an email notifying them of the discontent in this thread, and the founder, Michael Jurewicz. posted to it within a few hours. Let's give him a chance to see if he responds further.

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #64 of 136
Yes, my credit card was charged. But I'm not going to cancel my order simply because of a delay in production. It can be frustrating but that's something a customer has to deal with from time to time. What I'm really disappointed with though is their customer service and dead silence approach. A company that strives to earn respect and success should at least reach out to their customers both in good and bad times. Delaying the release of a product is not such a big deal but their attitude is.
I didn't mean cancel because of delays but because lack of communication. I see that Mytek has been made aware of this thread (saw them comment a few comments back in this thread). My concern would be why people's emails weren't answered now that they see this thread and, presumably, can respond.

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #65 of 136
I had a service rep respond within seconds to my communication via opening a ticket. It seams the rep was from a location outside of the US as he indicated that he forwarded my concerns to a rep out of New York. He gave me the reps name and assured me that I should hear from him shortly. So far good progress - fingers crossed

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #68 of 136
I also posted about Mytek's lack of response on their twitter feed.
It's 2018 and when you treat your customers poorly your are going to hear about it in other ways and so are other potential customers.

Hello Darwin OSX

I have just replied to this thread saying I'm available to answer QQ (se few posts back).

I'd be happy to answer all questions with a merit here.

Thank you, Michal at Mytek NY

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #69 of 136
Hi Michal,

I received a reply from Adam mentioning that you would get back to me shortly, that happened first thing this am. I just sent you another msg with the same ticket number. I’m hoping that I hear back from you soon.

Thanks!
John

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #70 of 136
Hello Darwin OSX

I have just replied to this thread saying I'm available to answer QQ (se few posts back).

I'd be happy to answer all questions with a merit here.

Thank you, Michal at Mytek NY
Hi Michal,

I received a reply from Adam mentioning thatyou would get back to me shortly, that happened first thing this am. I just sent you another msg with the same ticket number. I’m hoping that I hear back from you soon.

Thanks!
John

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #72 of 136
Yes, definitely.

First apologies to whoever tried to contact us and didnt get the reply. We are in and working, just very busy. Inquiries and phone calls are being answered all day with the US office in Brooklyn servicing clients in the US and tech support being answered via ticketing system internationally. We try to answer all email but sometimes things fall through cracks. If this happens pls try support ticketing system or phone.

Mytek has been established in New York in 1992 and now has a sister Company in Warsaw, Poland who assembles most of Mytek equipment there and also services distribution in Europe. Some equipment is made here in the US (Amp) and Manhattan and Brooklyn metal work is also made in the US.

Clef is a brand new product category for Mytek. Up until now we have built electronics in metal boxes ourselves. Clef is a consumer plastic product made in China. We have announced it a year ago and recently we have announced Clef will finally be shipping in February. The reason for such leadtime was us gaining experience with manufacturing in China while maintaining quality standards.
As of today we are still waiting for the first shipment from China which was already supppsed to happen but got delayed until after Chinese New Year. So today it does look like we may miss the Promised delivery in February by a week or two. I will know more on this next week.
We have a nice amount of orders placed and all the clients who placed the order will receive them very soon. I will confirm here the exact date when we will start shipping. If anyone is unhappy about delay and doesnt want to wait more we’ll be happy to issue a refund when contacted.
Clef is a great sounding portable DAC with unique features such as MQA. We have designed it to match a lifestyle of a person who likes to bring their quality music w headphones everywhere and who also seeks high grade features such as MQA, 384 k, or DSD which can be used in a demanding stationary setup w USB.

I’ll be happy to answer more QQ

Best Regards, Michal at Mytek New York

Feb 27, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #75 of 136
I placed my order early in February. Because of the delay I would like to cancel (the item was going to be a birthday gift), but this is proving to be difficult if not impossible. I have tried emails - no reply. As suggested I tried to open a ticket on the Mytek site, but that requires that one have a Mytek product and serial number which will not work since the Clef has not been shipped. I also tried calling the phone number (347-384-2687) on the Clef site several times. Sometimes the number cut out, other times I went straight through to a recorded voice message but was unable to leave a message of my own because the message box was full. In short, I have been unable to contact anyone at Mytek/Clef. If anyone has any idea how to go about canceling (or even contacting someone at the company), please let me know. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back