"Mystery" Amp
Feb 12, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #496 of 570
For those who got this amp, do not use pink noise to burn in the amp. I tried it on mine and the results were bad, and I end up getting a new one. The new ones come with "Design by T&D" on them.

Feb 12, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #497 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by Proton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those who got this amp, do not use pink noise to burn in the amp. I tried it on mine and the results were bad, and I end up getting a new one. The new ones come with "Design by T&D" on them.

This I really don't understand, How can a burn in with pink noise damage an amplifier ???

Will they also break after some time with music then ??

Feb 12, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #498 of 570
Just don't play any music with hiss in it!
blink.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #500 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This I really don't understand, How can a burn in with pink noise damage an amplifier ???

Will they also break after some time with music then ??

I'm not too sure myself, however that just happened for me, so I am just warning those who are intending to try it to stay away from it. Just burn in with your normal collection of music and it will do it good.

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #501 of 570
I've had, altogether, about 24hrs of pink noise through mine, with only positive effects.

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #502 of 570
Really? I've burned my X-1 with my radio tuner and pink noise for a couple days already, and the sound just keeps getting better.

After about 100 hrs. worth of burning in, the amp seems to have opened up alot. I don't really have any other amp to compare it too, but it definately has added that feeling of a soundstage with my MS-1.

Btw, it does go well with the 2G shuffle. My brother had one so I hooked up my X-1 and MS-1 to it and it definately beats the 5G ipod via Headphone out. I couldn't really find an explanation for it, but soundstage seems to be alot more defined when I was using the shuffle. Everything also sounded alittle bit more fuller. Or it could all just be placebo, just my 2 cents.

rs1smile.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #504 of 570
Could someone please tell me how their x-1 behaves when it runs out of juice? I bought one used off of ebay and received it yesterday. I charged it ~3-4 hours, but it lasted only about 30 minutes on the train ride home before cutting out. I charged it over night but the light never turned green and today it lasted maybe 1-1.5 hours before cutting out on me. I'm trying to figure out if I have a bad battery or a bad amp on my hands. Thanks.

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #505 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm borrowing the internal shots taken by my friend so I can't post them directly but I can give you guys the links.
Pic
Pic
Pic
Pic
I will remove the links in 24hrs.

It looks like the same battery that is inside the 5.5G iPod 30GB. Ill get a pic up in a minute.
EDIT:Here

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #506 of 570
Based on previous posts in this thread, I'm wondering if the charger is the problem. The one that was shipped with my amp has an output of 4.5V @ 600 mA. I see that others got received 15 v chargers. I hope that is the root of my problem.

Feb 22, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #510 of 570
Does the charging light come on when you plug it in? Did it ever turn green? If so, then maybe something is wrong with the switch. Unfortunately I don't have any useful advice in that regard since I know very little about electronics. However if no lights turn on, it might be worth it to open it up and check to see that the battery is plugged in. Sorry if you've already tried all this. In any case, good luck with getting a working amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back