"Mystery" Amp
Dec 6, 2006 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 570

Klose

New Head-Fier
Just got hold of this little bugger today. Will give an in depth review once I run them in. This little bugger is housed in a solidly constructed aluminium casing which has rather excellent workmanship. Nicely crafted with no sharp edges. That's all for now.
tongue.gif

Just these few pictures as teasers for the time being.

_MG_8496.jpg

_MG_8498.jpg

_MG_8499.jpg

_MG_8500.jpg

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 570
Here's my initial impressions after running this for 1hr. Personally, I think it pwns the Go-vibe 5 (No offence to GV fanboys). Bass is rather boomy but it guess this will need time to settle. The mids and highs are clean, controlled and there's a great soundstage.

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 570
Did you pick it up used? The finish looks like it has been around the block a few times so it should be broke in or maybe it is just the light. what headphones do you use?

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you pick it up used? The finish looks like it has been around the block a few times so it should be broke in or maybe it is just the light. what headphones do you use?

It's brand new. The "scratches" are as a result of the harsh flash. The surface finish is smooth.

I'm using my MS2i and OVC TC20.

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what is inside? Another $100+ amp made with a single opamp or max4410 type chip like the little dot?

Not a clue. Haven't ventured to taking it apart yet.

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #8 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's brand new. The "scratches" are as a result of the harsh flash. The surface finish is smooth.

I'm using my MS2i and OVC TC20.

You are most likely right then, it will take a hundred or so hours to start hearing what it will settle down to. Does the battery charge internally?

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #9 of 570
Quote:

You are most likely right then, it will take a hundred or so hours to start hearing what it will settle down to. Does the battery charge internally?

Yup, it has a built in 7.4V polymer li-ion battery. The package includes a 2 pin AC charger.

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #10 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelayostyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 things.....
1. Stop saying bugger, its wierd
2. Open it and take some pictures.

Well it better than saying booger. Besides bugger is a sign of affection or is that infection? I always get the two mixed up.

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #11 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, it has a built in 7.4V polymer li-ion battery. The package includes a 2 pin AC charger.

Cool. So may I ask what does it cost?

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #12 of 570
Quote:

Cool. So may I ask what does it cost?

After conversion it's cost $100 USD (Based on the current exchange rate of 1 USD = 1.53 SGD)

It's from China, so you might want to check it out since you are based there.

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #13 of 570
Quote:

Well it better than saying booger. Besides bugger is a sign of affection or is that infection? I always get the two mixed up.

Actually bugger has a very specific meaning in the English language and it refers to anal sex see also related terms sodomite and sodomy, although it is also used in the vernacular for various other purposes ie,

Well Bugger me ! - An expression of surprise
He is a daft Bugger - a silly person
It is a bugger to do - it is quite difficult
Buggered if I will - No I am not going to
Will I Buggery - I am unlikely to ...
Bugger Off ! - Please depart speedily
Oh Bugger - Oh Bother that is unfortunate
I am buggered - I am somewhat stymied

Its a multipurpose word - see also Bollocks

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #14 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually bugger has a very specific meaning in the English language and it refers to anal sex see also related terms sodomite and sodomy, although it is also used in the vernacular for various other purposes ie,

Well Bugger me ! - An expression of surprise
He is a daft Bugger - a silly person
It is a bugger to do - it is quite difficult
Buggered if I will - No I am not going to
Will I Buggery - I am unlikely to ...
Bugger Off ! - Please depart speedily
Oh Bugger - Oh Bother that is unfortunate
I am buggered - I am somewhat stymied

Its a multipurpose word - see also Bollocks

You are a daft bugger !

Dec 6, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #15 of 570
I have never heard it used as an anal sex term. Maybe we walk in different circles or maybe I just don't go there. :6)

From my dictionary:

ORIGIN Middle English (originally denoting a heretic, specifically an Albigensian): from Middle Dutch, from Old French bougre, originally in the sense ‘heretic,’ from medieval Latin Bulgarus ‘Bulgarian,’ particularly one belonging to the Orthodox Church and therefore regarded as a heretic by the Roman Church. The sense [sodomite] (16th cent.) arose from an association of heresy with forbidden sexual practices; its use as a general insult dates from the early 18th cent. Compare with Bulgar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back