"Mystery" Amp
Dec 7, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #32 of 570
It seems that almost all products from China has a 50% markup when sold to US/Euro customers. My friend from taiwan says that the LDM+ can be found for 25-35 and the LD++ (has a few variations made by different people) can be found for about 90-100.

Dec 7, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #33 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After conversion it's cost $100 USD (Based on the current exchange rate of 1 USD = 1.53 SGD)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeh_yeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for sharing, saw it is less then USD 50.00 in china.
eggosmile.gif

wow that's half the price ? any link to the chinese supplier ?

Dec 7, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #34 of 570
Thanks for the pics. Lots of substance for that price (& 2 times as much for half of it
tongue.gif
). Interesting - though it's unclear what is the topology, there are quite a few chips, and what would seem like discrete buffers.

Dec 7, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #37 of 570
for having anal sex with a male. A bugger is, yes, you guessed it, and bugger off means, piss off.

Bugger is not a word in wide use by Her Majesty, The Queen.

Dec 7, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #38 of 570
please can we keep this thread on topic, and not on buggery. its not very nice.
back to the point, it looks like this is comparable to the gv5. in terms of level of sound quality.
apparently this is more agressive, with more bass than the gv5, which (again apparently) is more laid back.
its the size that is attracting me, i want one for my nano and e5's.
i do hope it is possible to get one over to the uk.
any info?

Dec 7, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #40 of 570
The size and gut complexity looks like a tomahawk competitor although not as nice visually at 1/5th the price. Especially considering it seems to come with a li battery and charger.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #42 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The size and gut complexity looks like a tomahawk competitor although not as nice visually at 1/5th the price. Especially considering it seems to come with a li battery and charger.
smily_headphones1.gif

So is the Tomahawk $500 or $250?
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #45 of 570
Ok, I got the OK from Wilson at Jaben to share this information here at Head-fi. Price is SGD$170 (singapore dollars) + shipping costs via DHL. So, based on the conversion at XE.com, that works out to about $110 USD + shipping. Not bad I think for what appears to be a very nice produce. I am ordering one!

Here are pics from Headphonehaven:
X-amp08b.jpg

X-amp01.jpg

X-amp03.jpg

X-amp02.jpg

x-amp_portaphile01.jpg

x-amp_portaphile03.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back