"Mystery" Amp
Jan 26, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #481 of 570
Good news! I recharged my xtra for the first time this morning and it took only 3,5 hours! That's great!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

This is my first portable amp. Is it normal that if you plug the amp with volume near to the max there's a little difference in sound volume? Especially when mp3 player volume is quite low.

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #482 of 570
Yep that's normal. It's got to do with the potential meters aka volume control used. These potential meters no matter how good they are, there is always inbalance at both extreme ends. Therefore, you should adjust your volume somewhere in the middle range.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #483 of 570
I'm looking to get my first amp. I like what I hear about the xtra x-1. I currently have an Ipod shuffle 2G and sennheiser px100. There is no line out on shuffle only headphone jack. Will an amp make my shuffle sound better with the px100s? Thanks

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #484 of 570
Hi All,

I tracked down the pic of the gain settings thanks to MrJoshua's info.

jumper.jpe

I just got the X-1 last night. It's my second amp so all I had to compare it to is the C&C. The X-1 sounded bad - very dark and muddied compared to the C&C. So, I tracked down the info on the gain settings and changed mine from the default 6dB to the highest 18dB in the diagram.
The X-1 sounds great now!!!!
eggosmile.gif

Also, I'd like to find a replacement for the power adaptor that came with the X-1. Will a 12VDC, 500mA work in place of the 15VDC, 500mA that came with the X-1?? I just don't want to have to mess with the plug to pin adaptor and the power supply combo.

Feb 3, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #485 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBPM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi All,

I tracked down the pic of the gain settings thanks to MrJoshua's info.

jumper.jpe

I just got the X-1 last night. It's my second amp so all I had to compare it to is the C&C. The X-1 sounded bad - very dark and muddied compared to the C&C. So, I tracked down the info on the gain settings and changed mine from the default 6dB to the highest 18dB in the diagram.
The X-1 sounds great now!!!!
eggosmile.gif

Also, I'd like to find a replacement for the power adaptor that came with the X-1. Will a 12VDC, 500mA work in place of the 15VDC, 500mA that came with the X-1?? I just don't want to have to mess with the plug to pin adaptor and the power supply combo.

I'm curious about the gain setting - What 'phones are you driving?

Feb 10, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #491 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's crazy.........mine is labeled with "design by t&d"

Yours is very special. Most likely a collectors item! :6)

Feb 10, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #493 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
probably the one u can get for 68 usd are the new models, any opinion???
btw.........when i was reading the thread u guys mention that i need a converter for this to work in the us, right???........the sent me a converter as well

I guess you mean the European plug to a US or Chinese plug and this is correct. From what I know they include this now. I converted my own permantly by cutting off the round fittings and disconnecting the wires and glued a standard US plug and wired it. Works great. I did this while in China as they often have the same plugs as the US now.

Feb 10, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #494 of 570
Jamato-From what I know they include this now.

I wonder if the units they have now on Ebay at the reduced $68 have the Europeon plug. Can someone confirm this?

Feb 10, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #495 of 570
I understand a new version of the amp is coming out so I think this is the reason for the lower price. I would hope they have the plug adapter with the AC to DC adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back