"Mystery" Amp
Jan 14, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #436 of 570
Gah, apparently I can afford one tonight. It will be on its way next week!

Jan 14, 2007 at 9:39 AM Post #437 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, just noticed this post. Please send a PM my way if you decide to sell the XM4. It sounds like it fits my needs perfectly, except that I can't afford it at full price.
tongue.gif

I believe Skylabs has already sold off his LDM+, XM4...and one other amp I can't remember.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #439 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, just noticed this post. Please send a PM my way if you decide to sell the XM4. It sounds like it fits my needs perfectly, except that I can't afford it at full price.
tongue.gif

you have to be strong now: it's already gone..............
frown.gif

Jan 14, 2007 at 11:20 AM Post #440 of 570
Reading about the iBasso 1P, thanks alot Skylab.

I also saw an interesting amp/dac by the same seller.

Jan 14, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #441 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you have to be strong now: it's already gone..............
frown.gif

Yeah, XM-4, Go-Vibe V5, and LDM+ Xenos 0HA are sold. SO far I like the rest too much to sell them, although we'll see what happens now that the excellent Xenos 1HA is in the house, and I have the iBasso coming too...

Jan 14, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #443 of 570
Wow. Long, fast-moving thread.

Anyone familiar with the Pocket Amp 2 (v2) and how it might compare to this X1?

Thanks

Jan 15, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #445 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by riffraff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Long, fast-moving thread.

Anyone familiar with the Pocket Amp 2 (v2) and how it might compare to this X1?

Thanks

pa2v2 is much more laid back and lack of soundstage as compared... pa2v2 have more mid bass punch and low to mid treble while X1 provide more warm. Built wise, i will take Xtra over pa2v2 anytime. Xtra is more of a fun amp to me...

Jan 15, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #446 of 570
I've just received my black xtra amp! Unbelievable! It took only 4 days from China to Italy and no VAT!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Now is under charge but i couldn't not to try it for a while. I had written some days ago that i had problems with sibilant vocals. They are nearly disappeared!
280smile.gif
280smile.gif

Maybe it's too early to say. I'll test it better in the next days!

Jan 15, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #447 of 570
I've used it for a couple of hours.
It has improved my little creative zen micro!

Just a question. I don't have a line out, so is it better turning up amp volume and turning down mp3 player volume or the opposite?

Jan 15, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #448 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by cibbi77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used it for a coulpe of hours.
It has improved my little creative zen micro!

Just a question. I don't have a line out, so is it better turning up amp volume and turning down mp3 player volume or the opposite?

I have the same question..

I would assume turning the amp up as opposed to the dap would be better for sound?

anyone.

Jan 16, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #449 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by donor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same question..

I would assume turning the amp up as opposed to the dap would be better for sound?

anyone.

Do whatever results in the least audible hiss. But that is *probably* going to be amp at Max, and the player at the desired listening level.

Jan 16, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #450 of 570
Yes, that would most likely be the best and it would be using the amp as a true amp and the dap as a preamp with the real load going to the amp and the dap not seeing the same load, which could increase sound quality, even though more components are in the audio path and it all depends upon the quality of everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back