MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Jun 24, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #1,126 of 1,383
It's a shame this thread has been so quiet of late, I'll assume it's because people are too busy enjoying their MySphere's ; )

I found the SMSL A6 V2 speaker amplifier (which uses a Bang & Olufsen's IcePower 50ASX2 module, it's a class D) to give the MySphere 3.2 more life, energy, dynamics and power*

* = as usual, use at your own risk and be careful with the volume control

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #1,127 of 1,383
Speaker amps can di very good the Job.
It's. not the pure power needed, but the great impulse capability of Mysphere 3.2 can be much supported.
Also to mention, that an Amp like Paltauf HPA-100 based on the offered power and great electronic design is may be the best match today!
At least for my old ears 😉

Jun 24, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #1,128 of 1,383
And don`t forget: Mysphere is the best headphone for these hot day!!!
Kind regards to you , Heinz
1F1D2D37-FB8A-40F8-BD38-F734F8E96DC3.jpeg

This is a Paltauf EDS Universal headphoneamp with tubes. The HPA 100 is smaller but more powerful and doesn`t get that hot.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,131 of 1,383
I just need a K1000, slightly improved and that's all...
Not something extravagant as this! :) (and quite different sound-wise.)
Maybe the headband on k1000 a little bit rounder and it would be perfect for me... :)

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #1,132 of 1,383
People may have different taste, but I don`t unterstand people complaining about the price of the Mysphere. Look at Hifiman, Stax, Grado, inside Focals and many others for (nearly) the same price. At Mysphere there is not one part, where they didn`t use the best material and best processing. Everybody complaining about the price didn`t look at the details or doesn`t matter about them.

Jun 30, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #1,133 of 1,383
Glad I just love mine - there’s plenty of other TOTL headphones that cost more and may not sound as good or be as well constructed. Just people being jealous.

Jul 14, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #1,136 of 1,383
The Burson Dacs and Amps fit really very good to the MYSPHERE 3.2.
Br heinz
Hello,

Just to add some amps matching fine with this brilliant headphone.
I've been listening to the MYSPHERE 3.2 with The AUDIOVALVE SOLARIS, great match. But with the VIVA AUDIO EGOISTA 2A3, it is a blissful match, and, if you don't need to rise the volume, among the best mediums I've heard with the "transparent" sound frame cushions. I even tested the Mysphere plugging it directly to the TSAKIRIDIS APOLLON monoblocs, through the speaker outputs with a special cable and an attenuator preventing the background noise and gosh, does it works well ! Incredible soundstage, no distorsion (may be because all that power), holographic imaging, and delightful timbres. Bottom line, I find myself listening a lot less to my other headphones. (Abyss Phi TC, Hifiman Susvara, and Focal Utopia with Danacable Lazuli Reference.) that's how much I dig the Mysphere 3.2
Best regards,
Claudio.

Jul 14, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #1,137 of 1,383
Jul 25, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #1,139 of 1,383
Perhaps somebody can give me a hint, how to connect a Mysphere 3.2 to a speaker amp, what values for the resistor, and so on. A kind of Robinette box for the Mysphere 3.2. Any piece of information appreciated.

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #1,140 of 1,383
Perhaps somebody can give me a hint, how to connect a Mysphere 3.2 to a speaker amp, what values for the resistor, and so on. A kind of Robinette box for the Mysphere 3.2. Any piece of information appreciated.
You can just connect a speaker amp to a iFi iESL (which has a 4 pin XLR out for headphones) or connect directly to the speaker binding posts via a male Banana speaker to female 4 pin XLR adapter.
I advise caution with the volume dial

Users who are viewing this thread

Back