MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
May 11, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #424 of 1,383
Very clean impulse response, excellent job.
I can't wait to see frequency response measurement.
Here a comparison at same artificial ear Focal Utopia vs Myshpere 3.1: (green= Mysphere; red= Focal)
Focal Utopia vs Mysphere 4-mod Holzohr.JPG

The level around 5-8kHz has to be improved on Mysphere, we are working on this!
BR heinz

May 12, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #425 of 1,383
Hi,
long time no see! :L3000:

I was asked by a German forum to post some comparing measurements of Mysphere 3.1 vs others.
Ok, so I'm doing this here as well:
It's a comparison of the impulse response at the same measurement conditions.
1st MySphere3.1 nt conditions on an artificial ear.

Best regards, heinz
Thanks, Heinz! The impulse response indeed looks excellent. But let's take into account that the decay in all examples primarily consists of ultra-high frequencies between (12-)15 and 20 kHz, so it may not be as corruptive to the sound as it looks.

May 12, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #426 of 1,383
Thanks, Heinz! The impulse response indeed looks excellent. But let's take into account that the decay in all examples primarily consists of ultra-high frequencies between (12-)15 and 20 kHz, so it may not be as corruptive to the sound as it looks.
Correct!
Please check out this Burst Decay comparison:
Mysphere 3.1 - actual acoustic adjustment:
Mysphere - 04mod - Burst Decay.JPG

Stax SR009:
SR009 - Burst decay.JPG

Focal Utopia:
Focal Utopia - Burst Decay.JPG

May 12, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #427 of 1,383
The Mysphere's open design apparently pays off in reduced driver–ear reflections, becoming manifest in lower/shorter high-frequency decay.

May 24, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #431 of 1,383
Very sorry answering not earlier due to business trips and non availability of the measurement data.
But here is the Frequency Response without ear correction curve as requested.
Mysphere - 04mod - Frequency Response - without ear correction.JPG

And sorry NO! :frowning2:
We will be not present at CanJam London this year - it's too realy in our project. But most likely at Denver this year... Let's wait and see how the project develops.
KR heinz

May 26, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #433 of 1,383
The plan is to increase below 50 Hz for another 2db - but more will not be possible due to the open system. (no ear pads).
However, you'll be impressed about the bass response and it's clarity. This is because the huge membrane excursion can be felt on the ear already by body noise. Imagine 4mm displacement of the membrane!
And yes, it's a later version, but we are still working on slight improvements.
BR heinz

May 26, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #434 of 1,383
Colour me impressed, at least with the measurements, and I have no reason to doubt the actual sound signature will be very compelling and competent. Sadly I won't be able to afford to try this gem as I have had to stop working for close to two years to stay home with my ill daughter. For those of you who can get their hands on this I hope you enjoy it truly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back