MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Oct 5, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #511 of 1,383
Hello,
Just want to explain, that the sensitivity of Mysphere 3.1 is really high. This means yes: It can be used by any simple amp.
Hope I will meet some of your at RMAF the coming days.
BR heinz

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #513 of 1,383
RMAF intend to be a first public trial, especially to judge the wearing comfort.
Acoustic is updated in the past 10 days based on great Inputs from QAZXSW80 as well. It was busy times believe me.
Testing actually with Woo Audio amps. First impression are very good!

Oct 7, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #514 of 1,383
I can't wait to see impressions posted. Although its current price is out of my budget, I look forward to auditioning one perhaps next year, and perhaps acquiring one secondhand the year after that. Right now, KSE1500 seems more attainable, given that I've seen it preowned sell for $1750. N90Q would also be a nice addition.

Oct 8, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #515 of 1,383
I can't wait to see impressions posted. Although its current price is out of my budget, I look forward to auditioning one perhaps next year, and perhaps acquiring one secondhand the year after that. Right now, KSE1500 seems more attainable, given that I've seen it preowned sell for $1750. N90Q would also be a nice addition.

If you are interested I have a N90Q for sale.

Oct 9, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #516 of 1,383

My son and I got to try the Mysphere 3.1 headphones at the very end of the last day of RMAF, and we walked away very impressed. OMG we almost missed these! They were so much better than my previous re-cabled AKG K1000 that it's not funny. I was driving the K1000 with an SAC-KH1000 amp, which was quite powerful and it still seemed borderline in the bass region. My Eddie Current ZDT amp was too soft with the K1000, even though it can drive my HiFiMan HE-6. The Mysphere 3.1 CAN BE DRIVEN BY AN IPHONE 7+ WITH ADAPTER.

The Mysphere 3.1 are probably going to end up in my top 5 headphones of all time - they were smooth, detailed, refined, spacious, punchy, extended, and I could not find anything to complain about. You could make them sound more intimate and bassy by folding them in tight against the ears (well controlled and not bloated), and more spacious by folding them out (still tight, deep, and present bass).

There was only a very small change in the bass volume between positions, and very little change in bass quality. No, they still don't perfectly mimic the sound of a speaker's soundstage, but I think that it's the closest you're gonna get with a headphone, unless you have the Smyth Realiser sound processor (an amazing device). The headband is unusual when compared to other headphones, as the band sweeps forward towards your hairline instead of being just ahead of the crown of your head (no pun intended).

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #517 of 1,383
If you had not the chance to test Mysphere3.1 at RMAF:
It will be presented at CanJam NY by Jack Wu on the Woo Audio stand.
Btw, it pairs perfect with this Tube amps.
Hope you can take this chance.
Br heinz

Oct 9, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #518 of 1,383
My son and I got to try the Mysphere 3.1 headphones at the very end of the last day of RMAF, and we walked away very impressed. OMG we almost missed these! They were so much better than my previous re-cabled AKG K1000 that it's not funny. I was driving the K1000 with an SAC-KH1000 amp, which was quite powerful and it still seemed borderline in the bass region. My Eddie Current ZDT amp was too soft with the K1000, even though it can drive my HiFiMan HE-6. The Mysphere 3.1 CAN BE DRIVEN BY AN IPHONE 7+ WITH ADAPTER.

The Mysphere 3.1 are probably going to end up in my top 5 headphones of all time - they were smooth, detailed, refined, spacious, punchy, extended, and I could not find anything to complain about. You could make them sound more intimate and bassy by folding them in tight against the ears (well controlled and not bloated), and more spacious by folding them out (still tight, deep, and present bass).

There was only a very small change in the bass volume between positions, and very little change in bass quality. No, they still don't perfectly mimic the sound of a speaker's soundstage, but I think that it's the closest you're gonna get with a headphone, unless you have the Smyth Realiser sound processor (an amazing device). The headband is unusual when compared to other headphones, as the band sweeps forward towards your hairline instead of being just ahead of the crown of your head (no pun intended).

Thx for this info! Can't wait to hear more impressions. Factoring in that the k1k was compared to the unicorn/KING cobra can, and you saying its way better, how can one not be watching this thread more closely? :D

And if they can best an old legend off an iphone7, that's hella impressive :D

Oct 9, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #519 of 1,383
IMG_5406s.jpeg

and I did not even visit RMAF :wink:

Oct 9, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #523 of 1,383
It was a pleasure meeting @hrklg01 Mr Heinz Renner. The MySphere 3.1 was one of my all time show favorites. A very natrual sound with excellent bass reproduction given the unique nature of the headphone. The headband was something to get used to but it was quite comfortable and displaced the weight well. I preferred them close to the ears which gave slightly better bass reproduction and improved frequency response but turning them out did give a more speaker-like presentation. Very cool indeed!

Oct 10, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #524 of 1,383
I missed RMAF and the only reason I would have gone me was the Mysphere. I had the MB Quart PMB 100 (looked almost like a Jecklin Float) and ever since I wanted again an off the ear headphone. They where very comfortable but not so secure on my head - one had to sit quite upright! How stable is the fit of the Mysphere (during moving one's head)?
I expect some loss of low frequency extension with such a open design but what I was reading that is not so much the case. I am more afraid that trying too hard to boost low frequency could cause lower sound quality at higher frequencies (distortion/impulse response).
I want to hear them!

Oct 10, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #525 of 1,383
I missed RMAF and the only reason I would have gone me was the Mysphere. I had the MB Quart PMB 100 (looked almost like a Jecklin Float) and ever since I wanted again an off the ear headphone. They where very comfortable but not so secure on my head - one had to sit quite upright! How stable is the fit of the Mysphere (during moving one's head)?
I expect some loss of low frequency extension with such a open design but what I was reading that is not so much the case. I am more afraid that trying too hard to boost low frequency could cause lower sound quality at higher frequencies (distortion/impulse response).
I want to hear them!

Next chance to try MySphere is at CanJam NY at The place of Woo Audio again..
Hope you can make it!
Br heinz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back