My Zebra HHF-1's...
May 20, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #46 of 70
Stop!

No More Pictures!!

Yer killin' me here!!

Your pics are speaking loudly enough for my cans to hear them! And your talk of better SQ has them all excited!!

My MS-1s really, really really, want a new wooden suit!

Especially the deeper "Frankenstein neck peg" style!
evil_smiley.gif

Now they're asking me to determine which wood style will sound best, and still look great with yeller 414s!

My cans understand that they may not be entirely worthy; but they want to look good too!
rs1smile.gif

May 20, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #49 of 70
Truly stunning mate, absolutely BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Now i can't decide whether to get that done to mine or try and save up for a PPX SLAM. I want eihter this summer as my 21st present to myself
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #50 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
do they sound like RS-1?

Yes and no. IMO the RS-1 is more refined, but they are quite similar. I'd actually love to get my hands on the RS-1 again to do a sit-down, side-by-side comparison with them.

May 21, 2006 at 1:57 PM Post #51 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by adfinni
Truly stunning mate, absolutely BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Now i can't decide whether to get that done to mine or try and save up for a PPX SLAM. I want eihter this summer as my 21st present to myself
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Come on man, why not get both?
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 21, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #52 of 70
dpippel, I notice you are using an AE-1 to drive your Grado's (and for that matter all of your cans). The AE-1 is a great amp that does not get the attention it should. Having said that I write to recomend you listen to your Grado out of a tube amp. You will be amazed, specifically I am thinking of the Mapletree Ear Purist + HD. Hopefully you have a fellow HeadFier close to you with one so you can test it out. Good luck.

May 21, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #53 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Come on man, why not get both?
very_evil_smiley.gif

NOOOO don't say such wicked things
biggrin.gif
I'l probably end up getting both as i have heard soo many great things about them. HF-1's sounding more towards RS-1's but it all depends how much difference the PPX slam will make over my 9 year old arcam integrated amp. I guess a little bit :p

May 21, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #54 of 70
GORGEOUS. Argh, curse you 1911!

May 21, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #55 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
dpippel, I notice you are using an AE-1 to drive your Grado's (and for that matter all of your cans). The AE-1 is a great amp that does not get the attention it should. Having said that I write to recomend you listen to your Grado out of a tube amp. You will be amazed, specifically I am thinking of the Mapletree Ear Purist + HD. Hopefully you have a fellow HeadFier close to you with one so you can test it out. Good luck.

Funny you should say that, because I've been eyeing the Mapletree for a while now. At one time I was ready to spring for a tube amp, but since I have (and plan to keep) both Senn and Grado it seemed my choices were limited. However, right now I'm afraid that I'll have to stop my spending folly where it is and give my wallet a breather. Larry sucked it dry.
icon10.gif

As for local Head-Fiers, I don't know anyone within 100 miles of me (ZIP 18707 in northeastern PA), but if anyone IS please feel free to PM me.

May 21, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #56 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by adfinni
NOOOO don't say such wicked things
biggrin.gif
I'l probably end up getting both as i have heard soo many great things about them. HF-1's sounding more towards RS-1's but it all depends how much difference the PPX slam will make over my 9 year old arcam integrated amp. I guess a little bit :p

I've heard nothing but good things about PPX SLAM. My gut feeling is that it would probably outclass your Arcam by quite a bit. Best thing to do is show up at a meet and plug in to listen for yourself I guess.

May 22, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #58 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
I've heard nothing but good things about PPX SLAM. My gut feeling is that it would probably outclass your Arcam by quite a bit. Best thing to do is show up at a meet and plug in to listen for yourself I guess.

Yep id love to go to a meet, but the UK meet hasn't progressed passed the planning stages yet. Il try and push that along after exams. Id hope that the PPX would $*** all over my arcam as for £500 it should do.

But iv got to get my hearing checked out first, as i noticed after a month of having my SR60's back in last summer my right ear seems to have a 'veil' and is muddy and cannot hear high frequencies nearly as well as my left. Im finally going to the docs in a week and am hoping its wax buildup or possible sinus blockage and not hearing damage. AS my grados sound soo biased to the left now its annoying, and painful in my right ear
mad.gif

May 22, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #60 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
Looks very good!

Is there dampening material between the screens and the driver? Can't see through them from your shots

I think I once read that as called "Stealth"(for photos) but not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back