My Zebra HHF-1's...
May 17, 2006 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

swmtnbiker

Previously known as dpippel
How sweet is it to come back from vacation to find an email from Larry waiting, informing me that my HHF-1's are finished and have shipped? This sweet:

z1.jpg

Deep Zebra woody, 1.5 meter recable with 1/4" termination, 325i headband assembly with (according to Larry) RS-1 leather. They should be here by Saturday. Woo-hoo! For once I'm happy that the weather in the northeast sucks so badly, because I plan on spending some quality time inside this weekend.
icon10.gif

More pics to come after I get my sweaty little hands on them.

May 17, 2006 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 70
I do not like the Zebra wood for stands but on cans it looks amazing. Congrats on the cans. Larry shows his craftsmanship once again.

May 17, 2006 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I do not like the Zebra wood for stands but on cans it looks amazing. Congrats on the cans. Larry shows his craftsmanship once again.

The thing you never can see in the pictures is the depth and the way the light catches the grain. It's truely beautiful in the light. It has depth like maple, but with more patterning and color variations. Great looking HHF-1's, congrats!

May 17, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 70
Wow! Matched grain...lovely.

Do let us know what you think of the sound once you get these babies. When I heard the stock HF-1, I wasn't really impressed. Hopefully these mods make them sound better.

May 17, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
The thing you never can see in the pictures is the depth and the way the light catches the grain. It's truely beautiful in the light. It has depth like maple, but with more patterning and color variations. Great looking HHF-1's, congrats!

I own a Bloodwood stand and love the depth it has in daylight.

Have you seen stands done up in Zebra wood?

May 17, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 70
Those are awesome looking. Really nice. HHF-1's rule! I MUCH prefer the sound of the HHF-1 to the stock HF-1 (although in my case I got C-Pads and I know that changes the sound, IMO for the better).

May 18, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #11 of 70
they look awesome, i bet they sound amazing too!

May 18, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #13 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck57
We're both waiting for our HHF-1s!
frown.gif

They even posed for a family pic before they went their separate ways...

sameday.jpg

May 18, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #15 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I own a Bloodwood stand and love the depth it has in daylight.

Have you seen stands done up in Zebra wood?

Love my bloodwood stand too! Only thing I have a problem with is Larry's cables, they're really flexible which I like but it kinks really easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back