My VSONIC Collection Has Begun...R04Pro, GR06, GR07...I Am A Fan!!!!! Comparisons Post #62!!!
Dec 11, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #61 of 160
Good times HF!  Definitely loving them, I can't believe how smooth they are!  I guess people might not like them if they are after a kind of aggressive approach to detailing, but if you like your music like highly polished granite your gunna love these!

A bit off topic, bought a rockboxed Sansa Fuze to go on Holiday with.  I didn't want to take my SG2 just as a music source, curry+beer+beer+sand = bad for phone!  Anyway, I was expecting it to be superior in SQ to the SG2 with Poweramp.....I'm not really finding it that way.  To me they sound equally good, but the thing about the sansa is there's more hiss, plus a 'click' when starting or stopping the track.  In all honesty it makes FA difference when your actually listening to a track but I find it interesting as people complain about the SG2 picking up CPU noise etc...the sansa is far noisier!

Anyway, back OT, I'm loving the sound and fit of these....I find them very comfortable.  Find the Hybrid tips with the foam inserts to be the best seal.  The comply foams are really comfy but do decrease bass response (for me anyway).  Look forward to your comparisons!! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #62 of 160
[size=12pt]Cheers NF!!! 
beerchug.gif
[/size]

[size=12pt]Well friends, after spending the entire weekend with at least one of these three in my ears at any given time, I have to say, I’m exhausted….lol[/size]

[size=12pt]Lucky for me, they are all very comfortable.  Once they are set with the guides and proper seal, along with the chin slider, if you like, you are strapped in and ready for takeoff.[/size]

[size=12pt]Throughout the weekend I plugged them all into various sources.  When I needed to walk around and do things around the house (cooking, laundry, cleaning etc.) it was- iPod Classic 7G, Clip+ (Rockboxed), Fuze v2 (Rockboxed).  When stationary- iPad, laptop and desktop (Foobar, Winamp).  All were lossless files and straight-booty vanilla (no EQ, no ReplayGain etc….)….Genres- Rock (classic, prog, metal), house, trance, hip-hop, freestyle…[/size]

[size=12pt]Comparisons-  Wow, it took me back to when I tried to compare all my Ultrasones a couple years back.  Finding the differences while at the same time enjoying what you are hearing is tough.  Fun indeed though.  If we can’t have fun listening to music then what are we doing here…?[/size]

[size=12pt]R04 Pro-  I like calling this one the black sheep.  The GR07 is getting all the love and attention, while the GR06 is a close number to GR07 so it reaps the benefits and curiosity by default.  The R04’s don’t mind at all.  “Get all the attention, who cares, I’m just going to do what I do”, they say.  I’m going to go a little deeper in the bass department.  My signature will have a warm hue/tint to it.  The highs and mids will be there not too far behind.  Nothing will be harsh, but I am still going to shine and nothing muddy about it.  I will hit hard and heavy and when you want vocals, I’ll give them to you as well.  You want instrument separation / placement?  Done…  Now, I don’t like sitting in the front row.  I’ll give you about ten rows from the stage, at the same time keeping my smoothness intact…How about that?[/size]

[size=12pt]GR06- Fair enough R04.  I cost about $12 less than you, so I will modify things a bit.  I’m going to tone down the bass just a hair, but I will bring the mids and highs to the forefront as well.  I like sitting about the 5th row, so my presentation will be just a tad forward.  Like you, nothing harsh, but my vocals are going to edge you out.  The smoothness will remain and the cohesion with the instruments will be on par.  Female vocals will rock your world though….[/size]

[size=12pt]GR07-  Okay guys, now that you’ve had your fun with one another, let the big boy take over.  I cost almost three times as much as you, so let me break it down.  You want the full spectrum, with no compromises?  You want vocals?  Separation?  Imaging?  Smoothness?  How about I take what you have and take it slightly to the next level in terms of refinement and quantity.  I’ll give you crystal clear presentation with no harshness and smoothness that you can slice it with a knife, like butter.  You want bass, mids and highs that can play good together while still pleasing the basshead in all of us in reference to extension and slam?  Done…….You guys are good, I trained you well and I am very proud, but to get to the next level, you still have some work to do.  Oh and I forgot to mention, I will rock your world with an amp because I scale so well…[/size]

beerchug.gif

[size=12pt]I am totally satisfied with each and everything they bring and am very glad to be a fan.  Beware- If you read other threads when it consists of recommendations < $60 iems, I will be recommending the GR06s.  All three have that smooth, never tiring sound that for the genres I listen to, they slam indeed.[/size]

[size=12pt]Nuances (sorry, after non-stop listening and swapping an entire weekend, you notice these things)-  The R04s have the slimmer ear guides and most importantly the slit for the cable is on the side, towards your head.  The slit in the GR06s and 07s is on the top.  The bigger size guide is fine but can you slit the guide on the side for the cable.  When the slit is on the side it’s a perfect fit and you don’t have to twist the cable to conform as much.[/size]

[size=12pt]Disclaimers (I am a fan..lol..) and the other iems I currently own….Again, love ‘em all and they all bring a new dish to the table on any given night……Cheers!!!!![/size]

[size=12pt]Monster Turbines
Xears TDIII v1
Xears XE200PRO
Xears XGF500PRO
Brainwavz Beta v2
JVC HA-FX1X
MEE A151
MEE M9 & M9-P
MEE M6 & M6-P
MEE SP-51
MEE CC51
SoundMAGIC E10
SoundMAGIC PL30
[/size]
[size=12pt]Sennheiser CX200
Monoprice 8320
[/size]

[size=12pt]Bottom Line- VSONIC includes a bunch of tips / accessories and basically says "We know the sound will rock you, but here you go with all these extra things to make sure you are satisfied".  My hat's off to them for going the extra mile.....
beerchug.gif
[/size]

Dec 12, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #64 of 160
Great stuff HF!!  Love the way you have written the review, refreshing and fun
beerchug.gif

Do you prefer the GR06 to the TDIII? I still want to get the TDII or III but will have to wait till next year.

Good work buddy!

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #66 of 160

Quote:

[size=12pt]R04 Pro-  I like calling this one the black sheep.  The GR07 is getting all the love and attention, while the GR06 is a close number to GR07 so it reaps the benefits and curiosity by default.  The R04’s don’t mind at all.  “Get all the attention, who cares, I’m just going to do what I do”, they say.  I’m going to go a little deeper in the bass department.  My signature will have a warm hue/tint to it.  The highs and mids will be there not too far behind.  Nothing will be harsh, but I am still going to shine and nothing muddy about it.  I will hit hard and heavy and when you want vocals, I’ll give them to you as well.  You want instrument separation / placement?  Done…  Now, I don’t like sitting in the front row.  I’ll give you about ten rows from the stage, at the same time keeping my smoothness intact…How about that?[/size]

[size=12pt]GR06- Fair enough R04.  I cost about $12 less than you, so I will modify things a bit.  I’m going to tone down the bass just a hair, but I will bring the mids and highs to the forefront as well.  I like sitting about the 5th row, so my presentation will be just a tad forward.  Like you, nothing harsh, but my vocals are going to edge you out.  The smoothness will remain and the cohesion with the instruments will be on par.  Female vocals will rock your world though….[/size]

[size=12pt]GR07-  Okay guys, now that you’ve had your fun with one another, let the big boy take over.  I cost almost three times as much as you, so let me break it down.  You want the full spectrum, with no compromises?  You want vocals?  Separation?  Imaging?  Smoothness?  How about I take what you have and take it slightly to the next level in terms of refinement and quantity.  I’ll give you crystal clear presentation with no harshness and smoothness that you can slice it with a knife, like butter.  You want bass, mids and highs that can play good together while still pleasing the basshead in all of us in reference to extension and slam?  Done…….You guys are good, I trained you well and I am very proud, but to get to the next level, you still have some work to do.  Oh and I forgot to mention, I will rock your world with an amp because I scale so well…[/size]

Rocking review.

Are female vocals better on the GR06 than on the GR07?

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #67 of 160

Quote:
So you are saying that GR06 are better than xe200pro in every aspect, right? Are GR06 Bass oriented or more into mid-range?

Wondering too! I also own the XE200PRO so I know their qualities. I'd also like to know how they are different - no one wants to buy the same thing made a little better 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #68 of 160

Quote:
Great review, HeatFan12! Thanks... 
wink.gif

One thing I think you mentioned before, is that there is a different version of the R04, non Pro, right? Is it newer or older than that Pro version you have?

Thanks very much putente!!! 
beerchug.gif

I have the R04 Pro (older version).  The newer version is the R04 Pro "Flagship" (I have no idea on that naming scheme).  Don't really know what the differences are other than I see the flagship are 50ohm.

Here is the flagship version.  I'm trying to get a little more info on them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-R04pro-Flagship-Version-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380369953523?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item588fd0e2f3

Quote:
Great stuff HF!!  Love the way you have written the review, refreshing and fun
beerchug.gif

Do you prefer the GR06 to the TDIII? I still want to get the TDII or III but will have to wait till next year.

Good work buddy!

Thanks very much my friend!!!  
beerchug.gif

Right now I'm leaning towards the GR06.  The bass is great on the TDIIIs and I like their sound and find them smooth as well, but the balance and presentation goes to GR06s.

Basically all weekend was just these three, so going to give them a break and give Xears a lil' bit of love.  I finally found the perfect tips for the XE200PROs, so want to give them a good, timely  go around as well....

Quote:
I take it that the 06 is less fast compared to 07 but is it also less hot at the top? I really liked the full, dry and controlled presentation of the 07 but could never quite warm to the highs. If the 06 is smoother up there, I could see it as a backup. Love the fit, shape and articulating nozzle.

Hi goodvibes,

All three handle speed great, imo.  Even the R04s that lean towards the slightly darker presentation was on par.
On the top end, the GR06s are a bit smoother and less sparkly if you will, but I do like the highs on the GR07.  I guess for me with their full sound, it creates a good balance imo.
basshead.gif

Quote:
Rocking review.

Are female vocals better on the GR06 than on the GR07?

Thanks kiteki!!! 
beerchug.gif

I will give the edge to the GR07.  They take it up a notch with the clarity.  I believe you were in the 8320 thread with Nuts when we were posting some trance youtubes.  Right after I took off the 8320s I believe, my marathon started and I went into some great vocal trance with the 07s......Nice!!!!

I'm a big fan of Cristina Scabbia and one of my repeat, repeat, repeat track moments was Megadeth's A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free).  Her backing vocals were shining through whereas with some phones they get muddied out a bit.  Don't get me wrong, she sounded great with all three, but I will give the nod to the 07s in the end.

Quote:
Wondering too! I also own the XE200PRO so I know their qualities. I'd also like to know how they are different - no one wants to buy the same thing made a little better 
tongue_smile.gif

Hi jarrett,

Agreed....Like I posted to NF, I'm going to give the XE200PROs a lengthy listen.  I had problems sometimes with the tips and the fit with the housing, but I found one of the Monster tips in the sampler pack that were superb.  I'll keep you posted.

Dec 12, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #69 of 160
I was reading your review to see what to do (thinking about GR06) and I decided  to stick with GR07 :)

currently listening to my last recording session on drums, without any process on the drums, just the pure sound of the drums plus the room...  I think that GR07 is doing a great job on spoil my taste... I'm starting to like the thing just like it is, with no process at all... will be difficult to convince the rest of the band... lol

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #70 of 160
I have to say, they do have the BEST hybrid tips too, I am using the tips for almost all of my IEM's, and I am very close to buying R02 just so that I can have more tips.

The silicone tips are the BEST silicone tips ever, comfy, seal well, and soft...

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #71 of 160

Quote:
I have to say, they do have the BEST hybrid tips too, I am using the tips for almost all of my IEM's, and I am very close to buying R02 just so that I can have more tips.

The silicone tips are the BEST silicone tips ever, comfy, seal well, and soft...

+1

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #72 of 160

Quote:

Nice review, though GR07 requires extensive burn in, both mechanical and mental, I don't really like it out of the box, but once I've done 150 hours on it, WOW!!!

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #73 of 160
@Heatfan12 (and the rest of of hi-fi family),

You can count this as my first post as I must say I was really intrigued by your review of VSonic brand IEM-s. Alongside my Sennheisers HD558, HD25-1 II & PX100, VSonic would by my primary choice for IEM. I have to decide between GR06 and GR07 or even GR04. I am just done of reading through Multi IEM Review of 208 IEMs compared and that score system implemented there was really helpful to determine the differences between. I am completely aware that scoring system cannot be exact as people have different taste about music as everything else. Still i find it as great guideline to all of us judging from number of posts there. That's why, I really wonder now, how you much points you will give to each VSonic (R04 Pro, GR04, GR06), a current family of phones in regard of different categories. On example, VSonic GR07 got for Accessories (4.5/5), Build Quality (4.5/5), Isolation (4/5), Microphonics (4.5/5), Comfort (4/5), Sound (9.1/10) so Ijokerl counts that as value of (9.5/10).

In any case, big thanks for the effort you have put so far in the review! It felt really great to read all about it. I also invite everybody else to get involved. It would be really interesting how much you will give points to each one of categories.

Regards,
Ivan

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #74 of 160
I, too, enjoyed reading your posts about the VSonic family and I'm going to buy also some GR06 for myself! Then, as i am a different listener from the OP and not an audiophile or a beginner audiophile, i'm going to make a review about them. As I have some Phonak Audéo 012 I'll compare to them to give some perspective.

Lets keep this thread kicking :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back