My VSONIC Collection Has Begun...R04Pro, GR06, GR07...I Am A Fan!!!!! Comparisons Post #62!!!
Dec 7, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #46 of 160

Quote:
Okay, will be waiting for your comparison.
P.S. Heatfan, have you forgot about your more detailed comparison?
biggrin.gif
Have been waiting for it for a while.

lol...No, of course not, just during the week I have limited time this month due to work.  I have a few hours here and there.  The weekend I have off, so definitely will do a shootout between the three.....
biggrin.gif

Another dilemma has come up though, with my wallet....Been in contact with the seller and I am really debating getting the R04 "Flagship" (newer model).  Don't really know the differences other than the newer one is 50ohm I believe...Sold some gear here lately and would like to round off the collection...lol.....

I truly believe once you find your sound and all your music sounds great, stick to it.  I love the Vsonic sig indeed....Even hip-hop, that I thought they were not going to be able to hang due to the reason that I'm a basshead, they shine with the right amount of everything......
beerchug.gif

I also own various other brands of iems and full size phones and do enjoy them all.  They all bring something different and it's great to diversify with different signatures.  However, I feel the Vsonic sig brings it totally to the music I listen to.  Same thing happened to me with Ultrasones a couple of years ago.....I feel they bring it totally as well for me, so I became an Ultrasone freak as well....lol.....

The journey for me has been amazing in this hobby.  From phones, amps, dacs, tubes etc.etc....I love it.......But when it comes to buying iems, it is definitely a lot of fun.  Especially with the prices and competition nowadays, we have to take advantage and enjoy it while we can.....

GR07s atm with Fast Five soundtrack-----"How We Roll" (Fast Five Remix)....Slammin' I tell ya.....Cheers

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #47 of 160
Heat Fan, I love your energy!! You keep the fun in listening, as this is how we all got started in this anyways. One thing too remind you is (at least in the case with my R-07's) they get considerably better with time. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #48 of 160

Quote:
Heat Fan, I love your energy!! You keep the fun in listening, as this is how we all got started in this anyways. One thing too remind you is (at least in the case with my R-07's) they get considerably better with time. 

Thanks very much Freefall...It is fun indeed.....
beerchug.gif

If they get better with time, then I am in for a treat......Right now they are smokin'....

Just to reiterate on my previous post in reference to them handling various music genres very well and why I love 'em...(still using my Clip+ with lossless files on shuffle).

After "How We Roll", we went into a little trance love with Ummet Ozcan- "Next Phase" (Phase 2 Mix), then Megadeth "A Tout Le Monde", into Breaking Benjamin "I Will Not Bow" then Opeth "Moonlapse Vertigo"...Pitbull "Hey Baby"...Megadeth "Youthanasia"...Motley Crue "Enslaved"...PROFF "My Personal Summer" (Original Mix)...Opeth "Ghost Of Perdition".....

Sounding delicious I tell you, no matter what I throw at it.....Good Times!!!

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #49 of 160
Got my GR06 today!  Was one of those nice surprises, wasn't expecting to get them so quickly so wasn't on my mind but got in from work... there they were
normal_smile%20.gif
Good service Frogbeats!

Been listening to them for about an hour now, through my SG2 and now through my home setup and I'm impressed!  Firstly, as you said, what a selection of extras! I've seen less tips in a pool hall.  I didn't get the chin slider either though....bit strange.  I do find them very comfortable, I quite liked the foam tips.... god only knows what ones I've got on there at the moment.

I know these are still fesh but they sound smooth and impactful.....in all honestly not a far from my ProAlphas at all.  I'll A/B them tomorrow as left the PA's at work but initially they sound a little bassier, mids about the same, and highs maybe a little more recessed.  I'm listening to Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins and the guitars are lush and full, NIN also sounded powerful and lively.  Tried some Skrillex and Feed Me, the bass response really shows itself here......just changed to DeadMau5...sweet!  The bass seems pretty quick, I'm not the best to comment really but certainly doesn't seem flabby at all.  

Once it bloody updates I'm going to play BF3 with them just to add some hours
o2smile.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #50 of 160
I'm really hoping for a review from these babies! at the price that they are asking is quite irresistible not to buy them :D I've just bought some Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass 022 and i'm amazed at the sound quality and range. Just want to know how different this GR06 can be. I'm becoming an audiophile so if they are great value for money, this GR06 are going to be another on the basket, along with some fiio E5, of course. My phonak downsizes a lot the volume level on my Sony A826..

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #51 of 160

Quote:
Got my GR06 today!  Was one of those nice surprises, wasn't expecting to get them so quickly so wasn't on my mind but got in from work... there they were
normal_smile%20.gif
Good service Frogbeats!

Been listening to them for about an hour now, through my SG2 and now through my home setup and I'm impressed!  Firstly, as you said, what a selection of extras! I've seen less tips in a pool hall.  I didn't get the chin slider either though....bit strange.  I do find them very comfortable, I quite liked the foam tips.... god only knows what ones I've got on there at the moment.

I know these are still fesh but they sound smooth and impactful.....in all honestly not a far from my ProAlphas at all.  I'll A/B them tomorrow as left the PA's at work but initially they sound a little bassier, mids about the same, and highs maybe a little more recessed.  I'm listening to Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins and the guitars are lush and full, NIN also sounded powerful and lively.  Tried some Skrillex and Feed Me, the bass response really shows itself here......just changed to DeadMau5...sweet!  The bass seems pretty quick, I'm not the best to comment really but certainly doesn't seem flabby at all.  

o2smile.gif

Great to hear you are enjoying them NF.....
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I'm really hoping for a review from these babies! at the price that they are asking is quite irresistible not to buy them
biggrin.gif
I've just bought some Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass 022 and i'm amazed at the sound quality and range. Just want to know how different this GR06 can be. I'm becoming an audiophile so if they are great value for money, this GR06 are going to be another on the basket, along with some fiio E5, of course. My phonak downsizes a lot the volume level on my Sony A826..

Hello Pimpyoass,

Welcome....
etysmile.gif

This weekend, I'm hoping to put together a little showdown with all three VSONICs...

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #52 of 160

Quote:
Great to hear you are enjoying them NF.....
beerchug.gif

Hello Pimpyoass,

Welcome....
etysmile.gif

This weekend, I'm hoping to put together a little showdown with all three VSONICs...

Less of that, more comparisons!  Your overdue!
etysmile.gif

We're still waiting.......
wink_face.gif

P.S. I'm liking these a lot....much better than my Xears experience!  Build quality is superb.

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #53 of 160

Quote:
normal_smile%20.gif
Good service Frogbeats!

o2smile.gif

Thanks for the initial impressions Nuckin
deadhorse.gif
 . Bet they improve in time

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #54 of 160
Also got mine super fast from Frogbeats and they're very good for the price! I'm still burning mine in now but from initial listening they were great! Made me wonder whether or not I should even get the GR07s, I decided I would though, damn Head-Fi for sapping all my student loans away!

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #57 of 160

Quote:
Also got mine super fast from Frogbeats and they're very good for the price! I'm still burning mine in now but from initial listening they were great! Made me wonder whether or not I should even get the GR07s, I decided I would though, damn Head-Fi for sapping all my student loans away!

Good times Ulti, let me know what you think of them compared to your other IEM's.
beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #58 of 160

Quote:
Less of that, more comparisons!  Your overdue!
etysmile.gif

We're still waiting.......
wink_face.gif

P.S. I'm liking these a lot....much better than my Xears experience!  Build quality is superb.

Lol.....No time during the week NF, but I have dedicated this weekend as a VSONIC buffet marathon.....
etysmile.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #59 of 160

Quote:
Lol.....No time during the week NF, but I have dedicated this weekend as a VSONIC buffet marathon.....
etysmile.gif

waiting for your impressions!

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #60 of 160
Hey NF, R04Pros atm....Since last night, all three of these have been rotating in my listening....As of around midnight (last night), no other phones, just VSONIC...Woke up today and put them on and started rotating them again...Different sources, giving them the full treatment....Just listen, listen, listen....Every three hours, I take a music break....Netflix......and catch up on some programs with my iPad...With the VSONICS, of course....lol......Good times......
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back