My VSONIC Collection Has Begun...R04Pro, GR06, GR07...I Am A Fan!!!!! Comparisons Post #62!!!
Nov 17, 2011 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 160

HeatFan12

Headphoneus Supremus
After reading many positive comments on the GR07, I decided to wet my feet a bit with VSONIC and ordered the GR06.  Nipit began a thread on them and not much info at all was available.  For $50.00 ($58 shipped), I said, why not.  I pulled the trigger and just took delivery.

Just plugged them into my iPhone4 for a brief listen and needless to say, the sound is just great right out of the box.  Will leave them plugged in for a while before final impressions.

I am definitely glad I read all the threads in reference to VSONIC.  It was a solid purchase for me and want to thank all the head-fiers that contributed to said threads.  So much so, that on a whim and without even receiving the GR06s yet, I pulled the trigger on the R04 Pro & GR07 from the same seller, as a b-day gift to myself which happens to be today...Should be here in about ten days...
biggrin.gif

I also want to say, excellent service and communication from bigbargainonline on ebay.  He has some nice gear at great prices....With various VSONIC sellers around, he has a nice stock.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/bigbargainonline/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5476&rt=nc&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 160
First of all Happy B-day to you..
smile.gif
I will be looking forward to your final impressions of these.. I've been interested in GR06 since passing on the new Brainwavz M4's.. Can you give us some idea of what the sound sig of these are right out of the box..

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 160

Quote:
They sure come with a lot of extra parts...

Nice tip and accessory package indeed.

Quote:
First of all Happy B-day to you..
smile.gif
I will be looking forward to your final impressions of these.. I've been interested in GR06 since passing on the new Brainwavz M4's.. Can you give us some idea of what the sound sig of these are right out of the box..

Thanks very much FSNDET...
beerchug.gif

At the moment, I'm using the stock tips and no ear guides with a 1G Shuffle on shuffle with various music (house, trance, metal, rock, hip-hop).  Burnin' them in for a bit before I explore.  First observation on first listen is balance and soundstage.  The lows, mids and highs are present with nothing being too upfront.  Soundstage is excellent, very spacious.  FWIR with VSONIC, with burn-in they do open up.  I notice the usual suspects right out of the box- a little muddied and veiled but great overall presentation nevertheless in such a short time.

Now, I am a proud basshead...lol...but do appreciate balanced sound indeed (for full-size, I'm an Ultrasone freak, but I do enjoy my Grados as well).  I feel the bass on these is perfect due to the balance they bring.  I love my A151s due to the clarity and presentation but a tad more bass for me would have been ideal.

The cable is great btw.  No memory on the cable, so I have to pull down every now and then to keep them secure around my ears, but once I put the guides on, it should be good-to-go.

Cheers

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 160
Well, the 40 hour mark has been reached and they are opening up nicely.  As it sits right now and might be going out on a limb, I might have to admit with the sound, fit, comfort, accessories etc. on these, probably the best $58 I have spent on audio gear.  Can't wait to plug them into different sources and exploring them some more....

Cheers

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #11 of 160

Quote:
The family is all together now, but have to work in a little while, so no listening time for now...Plugging them in for a little burn-in stew...

Nice, congrats man. Weird the R04 didn't get a packaging facelift, it must feel like the red-headed step-child of the bunch. 
tongue.gif

Do you plan to get VSONICs future releases?

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #12 of 160
Wow the GR06s come with a LOT of tips. For only $50, these are very tempting.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #13 of 160

Quote:
Nice, congrats man. Weird the R04 didn't get a packaging facelift, it must feel like the red-headed step-child of the bunch. 
tongue.gif

Do you plan to get VSONICs future releases?

Thanks!!!

I purchased the R04 Pro (older version), there is an R04 Pro (flagship)(latest edition).  They go for $115.  The R04 Pro are $62.  I went with the economical R04 since I had purchased the GR06 & 07.  The 06s are cheaper than the R04 Pro...What are the differences of the flagship 04 other than price and I guess a few more tips?  Don't really know. 

From the brief listen I had before putting them on the burn-in machine (portable dvd player with two headphone outs..lol) I am very very satisfied with all three of my purchases...

Here are the flagship 04 ($115)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-R04pro-Flagship-Version-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380369953523?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item588fd0e2f3

In reference to future releases..----Absolutely......I'm hooked
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Wow the GR06s come with a LOT of tips. For only $50, these are very tempting.

When I saw them and that accessories package, I could not contain myself...lol....Great buy indeed...

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #14 of 160
Anymore news on the R04 vs GR06 vs GR07? Quite tempted to try out the GR06 as they seem like too much of a bargain to pass up on!

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #15 of 160

Quote:
Anymore news on the R04 vs GR06 vs GR07? Quite tempted to try out the GR06 as they seem like too much of a bargain to pass up on!

I will be comparing all three in the next few days Ulti.  Not had much time lately, so looking forward to it.  From what I have heard so far, I am a fan....
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back