My Trip to Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas W/pics
Jan 15, 2002 at 8:12 AM Post #31 of 48
check this linkhttp://www.usa.philips.com/informationcenterIt makes mention of drastic job and product cuts.None of these proposals seem specific, so I too do not know what to make of them.But the facts are that even Jan Meier has run out of the HP910 phones.Why are the headphones so hard to get?Do you really believe that Philips makes money on the HP890 when they also include a stand?Philips' ceo warned in his CES address that such cuts were coming.I did not hear his speech but what the rep said makes sense.I don't see any evidence of philips completely eliminating the entire personal electronics line,but they in fact did only have the two cd/mp3 players I mentioned on display.These players are also mentioned here.I will not make an ass of myself by giving out this woman's info.Let's just wait and see.

Jan 15, 2002 at 8:49 AM Post #32 of 48
Bravo!!! More pictures and comments...Encore! Great job, very insightful and entertaining. Please keep us posted, especially on the pana audiophile pcdp. Also, good luck with the store. You have a captive audience here dying to spend money. I like your approach. I'm sure the other's would agree.

Jan 15, 2002 at 4:48 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Do you really believe that Philips makes money on the HP890 when they also include a stand?

lol more like "Do you really believe that Philips makes money on the HP890 when it is so badass?"

That Pcdp looks like the type of thing that's a bitch to carry around, cost a hell of a lot, but sounds pretty damned good.

Jan 15, 2002 at 4:56 PM Post #35 of 48
There are probably less than 1000 people who know what a Philips HP890 or HP910 is. And they are probably all on Head-fi.

Jan 15, 2002 at 10:51 PM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
KR... - omg, what the hell is that? Looks like one beefy a** pcdp. Does it sound good?

I have asked myself the same question, The only store that carries that player down here would let me audition it only if I buy it. I don't feel like shelling out 400 bucks just to see if I like it or not. BTW, that thing is a professional cd player, like a karaoke machine, but a portable one. It has a RCA digital out and 10 seconds antiskip. The headphone jack is the bigger variety also. It is the same price as the most expensive SONY PCDP, so it migth be worth a look.

Jan 15, 2002 at 11:14 PM Post #37 of 48
Looks like a sega genisis system,
biggrin.gif

I was browsing zzsounds.com and I came across it. Ehhh, reminds me of my Sony WM-D6C cassette recorder/player which I miss so very much. =(

Looks like there are a lot of features I would have no use for, but if it sounds better than the other portables out there, I would certainly consider it for my travel rig (Sennheiser HD580, Headroom Supreme, Sony D-25S - just recently got it, used to use Panasonic SL S261C).

Jan 15, 2002 at 11:24 PM Post #38 of 48
Just because its big doesn't make it better.

It's a professional player with pitch control, mic's, vocal removers, tone controls, the *works*. In otherwords...plenty of stuff included in the signal chain that are more about functionality than sound. It is not a "professional" player in that it is better...but that it is meant for the performing arts.

You see these things in pro-audio catalogs all the time, but I wouldn't run out and buy one just yet.

Jan 16, 2002 at 2:53 AM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by Tim D
Just because its big doesn't make it better. ... You see these things in pro-audio catalogs all the time, but I wouldn't run out and buy one just yet.

True. There are not many reviews on that thing on the net, and all of them just go on how useful it is. None about sound and how much someone would like to carry it around with cans.

Jan 16, 2002 at 6:06 AM Post #40 of 48
That's not the one I saw and heard.It was about the size of a normal pdcp.Let's keep our pants on and see if it comes here.

Jan 17, 2002 at 1:53 AM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by Tim D
There are probably less than 1000 people who know what a Philips HP890 or HP910 is. And they are probably all on Head-fi.

Or perhaps they and the thousands of others live in Europe and Australia were these cans are easily found.... Especially the HP910 which have been around for a long time...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 5:53 AM Post #45 of 48
.tuberoller
Quote:

I will carry any quality headphone related product I can get my hands on.

No Tuberoller, dont do that... I live too close to Chicago and will probably drop a bunch of cash.

.... on the other hand, think of how much fun it would be to go to his store for headphone auditioning pleasure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back