My thoughts on the new sennheiser 595
Mar 10, 2004 at 12:44 PM Post #215 of 258
You make me blush.
redface.gif

Mar 10, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #218 of 258
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
gsferrari
HI: I am so sorry fore not asking fore your permission to use the pic in my new Avatar. Please fore give me. Sir may I please use the pic fore my fantastic custom by (LISA) made Avatar? The check is in the mail. thank you. Now about that review you were supposed to post??????????

LOL
600smile.gif

Mar 10, 2004 at 11:56 PM Post #219 of 258
HD555's are in the house!!

Build quality is excellent and the box looks awesome. Straight out of the box they sounded dark and closed in. After about 5 hours of burn in, these sound GREAT! They are fast, lively, exciting, forward, open, clear, yet warm and lush. They retain all the benefits of the Senn HD580 without the laid back, veiled sound of those cans. In fact switching back to the HD580 I am surprised at how dull and boring those cans are! Now I hear the veil that everyone keeps talking about
tongue.gif
. HD555's are totally in a different league. I am using an MG Head OTL and the synergy between the two is AWESOME!

I will let them burn in more before I post detailed impressions. But initial impressions are very favorable. I think this will be the best headphone purchase I've ever made.
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #220 of 258
Yes, please post impressions in a seperate thread. I think this one needs to die,
biggrin.gif
. And pics are good if you have a camera.
Sounds good so far though.

Mar 11, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #222 of 258
Well I never heard HD590, but the HD555 makes my HD580's sound like mud. LOL
I can't believe I spent so much time, money, and effort trying to get the HD580 to sound right! I owned them for 1.5 years, used four different amps, different sources, over a dozen interconnects, plus the cardas headphone cable, and I could never get them to sound the way I wanted. I kept upgrading the other gear without realizing the problem was with the damn headphones!
mad.gif

Now I'm happy. And I think I will put the HD580 up for sale, so some unfortunate sucker can deal with their laid back crappiness
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #224 of 258
I just can't wait until Brian (bkelly) reads this! (That is, if he comes back to Head-Fi anytime soon.)
tongue.gif

His jaw will drop in awe when he sees everyone dumping the HD590s (his favourite headphone) in favour of the HD595s!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back