My Sony headphones
Jun 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

DustinBroke

a.k.a. lcswoosh05 and Dustin Broke.
I was wondering about this but does everyone think the headphones I have a good for the price or are they all bad for Sony type headphones. I' am a Sony fan so I collect Sony headphones but I don't know if all of mine are bad for the price. But I' am in a budget so I can't afford higher end Sony headphones. Basically the V600 is the best one I have so far I think.

MDR-V150

MDR-V600

MDR-XB300

MDR-NC6

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 28
I saw a lot of people have read my topic but so far no answers but does no one know about the headphones I have? Most are older models made back when I was around 18 or so but I just kept them since I was 18 and now I' am 28 but just wanted to know if these are good headphones that I kept they still work good as new basicly. The XB300 and the NC6 are newer though.

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 28
None of them are particularly good imho. They aren't particularly bad either for their price point.

The V600 is probably the better DJ headphone, but the V6 is more neutral and more detailed. The V600 got discontinued, and the V6 is still alive, despite being an 80's era design. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 28
What kind of sound you like? it's difficult to choose a headphone without knowing that. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 28
Well I thought that the V600 was a studio headphones since it says on the box and on Sonys website that it's a studio monitor headphones but I wonder why one person said that they are DJ headphones? Does DJ and Studio headphones sound the same and work the same? Also I thought that the V500 or V700 was DJ headphones since Sony says they are and also designed them to be DJ headphones. I also thought that the V600 is close to the V900 just the V600 has 40mm driver and the V900 has 50mm driver.

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #6 of 28
...yeah "studio" doesn't mean anything (just marketing jargon for "emits sound and for that reason you can use it in a studio I guess") and DJ means about the same thing, except usually it means the cups can swivel. And driver size doesn't mean much at face value because of how dramatically different different drivers that are even the same size can sound.

To be completely honest, the NC6 and V150 are hilariously mediocre, the XB300 is pretty bad for the price, and the V600 was quite inferior to the V6 to my ears. Sony makes some good stuff but...I hate to sound like a jerk but you didn't get any of the good stuff. If they sound fine to you that's all that matters though. At about $50, the V6 is a pretty good package though.

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #7 of 28
Quote:
...yeah "studio" doesn't mean anything (just marketing jargon for "emits sound and for that reason you can use it in a studio I guess") and DJ means about the same thing, except usually it means the cups can swivel. And driver size doesn't mean much at face value because of how dramatically different different drivers that are even the same size can sound.

To be completely honest, the NC6 and V150 are hilariously mediocre, the XB300 is pretty bad for the price, and the V600 was quite inferior to the V6 to my ears. Sony makes some good stuff but...I hate to sound like a jerk but you didn't get any of the good stuff. If they sound fine to you that's all that matters though. At about $50, the V6 is a pretty good package though.

heard the v6 and have to agree. im also a bit biased when it comes to sony, i just kinda like it as a brand, dont even know why... the 1R is also pretty good too, according to my short and brief listen without my choice of songs and my own source. i dont have any experience with the stuff you have though... i have the e10lp earbud that my dad bought me for 10 bucks, ok earbud though i like the e818lp better which i bought it for myself for about the same price. its also the nicest earbud i own or maybe even have heard. the 110lp is a 5 bucks on ear headphone, lacks bass both in quality and quantity, though considering the price is still ok, i suppose. i also have the xb500, i bought it and didnt go with the xb300 i was originally going to go with because the xb300 is on ear and usually i avoid on ear. i bought it as a basshead headphone and it satisfies that need so even with its mediocre sound quality, its a keeper. its also very comfortable. my sony z1000 is the best sounding headphone i have in my inventory, not only sony gears but other gears included ,in my opinion, has superb clarity though i think it sounds too harsh so i dont use it often and it sits in the box and i guess im keeping it for collection purpose.  

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 28
Jun 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:
I saw a lot of people have read my topic but so far no answers but does no one know about the headphones I have? Most are older models made back when I was around 18 or so but I just kept them since I was 18 and now I' am 28 but just wanted to know if these are good headphones that I kept they still work good as new basicly. The XB300 and the NC6 are newer though.

The V 150's are quite old

Your last post was 2 years ago about how you just bought the V 150 (which I guess then is your oldest headphone). So I'll guess you didn't buy the V 150's 10 years ago when you were 18. 
rolleyes.gif
 More like when 26?

But anyway.

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!"

All the headphones you have listed are pretty mediocre.

I've never personally tried the NC6 or V600 though

How much did you buy each headphone for? The online prices are not accurate as those headphones are all very old.

It seems you bought the V 150 for $15 but not sure about the rest.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #10 of 28
As Eric_C pointed out in Warren's linked thread above, where do the MDR-EX700LP figure on your list of headphones? Do you still have them? I don't see them listed in your original post here. I would think those would be far and away the best thing on that list, if they were there.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #11 of 28
I had several sets of the Sony MDR-V150 and went through them a lot. But anyways I did sell all of my headphones and I buy different kinds so that's why sometimes I get the same ones or I get different ones and compare I just don't have money to keep them all and try different kinds. I have SSI and I don't get enough money to buy what I really want so I try to stay affordable and from Sony of course since I' am a Sony fan. Also as of know I will be needing noise cancelling type headphones so I hear less jet engine noise.

Now I need to know is that I will be going to Japan this Sep 2 and I was wondering which headphones would be best out of two for using on the airplane? The Sony MDR-NC7 or the NC8? I can get the NC7 locally for $40 and the NC8 for $29 locally also. I assume that the NC8 is overall better since it has better technology since it's newer. I always found out that newer models has better tech features since as you know computers are getting better and better every year.

Jun 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #12 of 28
Oh, brother,...not this stuff again. You really need to expand your horizons when it comes to brands. Being a budget Sony fanboi is quite tiresome indeed.

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #13 of 28
So everyone was ignoring me then. I trusted that this forums is the best forums for headphones and wonder understand how I feel and help me when I need to know something. Also I though that liking Sony headphones was fine but are you saying that I should move away from Sony? It seems like you guys hate me that I like Sony headphones. But I' am going to ask this but did you guys really seriously ignore my messages? I mean really?? I never thought this forums was a bad forums for headphones.

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:
So everyone was ignoring me then. I trusted that this forums is the best forums for headphones and wonder understand how I feel and help me when I need to know something. Also I though that liking Sony headphones was fine but are you saying that I should move away from Sony? It seems like you guys hate me that I like Sony headphones. But I' am going to ask this but did you guys really seriously ignore my messages? I mean really?? I never thought this forums was a bad forums for headphones.

We never ignored you.

We gave you our opinions on them. And also added new opinions that you should maybe look away from Sony. 

This thread isn't a help thread looking for new headphones as much as you just wanted our opinions on your budget Sony headphones right?

Well the concensus is that they are fine, but that you could look elsewhere.

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #15 of 28
Also I do have OCD so when I like something I do stick with them the best I can and compare and find the best one I can get. Also when I want to compare something I usually just want to compare two items and if I wanted to know about other items then I would ask what is the best headphones for certain type but I was just asking between the MDR-NC7 and the MDR-NC8 and I am kinda sad that you guys don't want to help and you were ignoring or did I take it wrong and you weren't ignoring me you guys were just too busy with other topics on replying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back