My Sennheiser HE90 Orpheus impression
Apr 4, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #31 of 47
Maybe that is possible with my eXStatA and Kiertjai's HE90.  But that won't happen so soon.  I also like to know how my DIY version compares with HE90.  :)

Wachara C.

Yes, I think in May or June,  when we have the SR009. we
can comopare the SR009, HE90, SR Omega, O2mkI with the
Woo Wes, your DiY exXStatA, my Aristaeus (hope it will comea
round middle of May), 727A modded

I sent him something huge today. Not sure if he could finish it soon enough but that thing will be ace and make those amps cry :cool:.

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #32 of 47
KGSSHV?
wink_face.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #37 of 47
I sent him something huge today. Not sure if he could finish it soon enough but that thing will be ace and make those amps cry  

Thanks for that , we will try our best to complete this task,  Best wishes  for Chinsettawong

But I don't think we can use this with HE90 but it will make the best out of SR009, O2mkI, SR Omega
cool.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #42 of 47
Yes, you can, but the Aristaeus is already up to that task 

By lowering the headphones bias voltage from T2 to around 500V, I'm sure T2 will make a nice amp for HE90.  :)

Wachara C. 

I've done this on my amp and I concur and confirm. 

There is even a +500V supply in there so very little is needed in terms of mods. The board layout was also designed to make this easier to do 

Those are very good messages indeed, Looking forward to the first T2 in Thailand

Apr 7, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #45 of 47
Here is the message from Kevin

Orpheus works absolutely great with T2.

Diameter of the stax jack hole is specifically 18mm, the exact
right size for the fischer connector for the he90.  And there
are 2 bias lines for that reason.  You change out the 5 meg
with a 10 meg, and in the power supply, wire that bias wire
to the +500v instead of the +560v. 

However I heard that the HE90 jack is not available for  at least 2 months from Moon Audio,
If  it is not available for a long long time I may sacrifice my adapter cable from HE90 to Stax.

The last perfect DIY T2 chassis was also shipped to Thailand from Evanston Campus of Northwestern U.

Again, Looking forward to the DIY T2 in Thailand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back