Specs.
Dynamic driver earbud style
Frequency range: 15 Hz – 22 KHz
Resistance: 16 Ohm
Sensitivity: 112 dB/mW
Price: $38
Colours: Black, Pink, White

Build quality and accessories.
The 120cm/47in cable is soft even if it is more to the plasticky side, and it has a 90 degree jack at the end. The housing is made of high quality plastic, the earhooks are rubber coated metal wire and they can be bent into shape as well as adjusted in size. The accessory pack consists of a pouch, a cable winder and a cloth clip. The EH10’s look and feel very classy.

Comfort and fit.
The EH10’s are light and comfortable, but due to the design they may not suit people with specs. They “hang on” to your ears with the earhooks, while the earphone itself swivels to cover your ear canal, the earphone itself has a rubber sleeve attached to it, to direct the sound better inside the ear canal. The EH10’s are very easy and unobtrusive to use, and thanks to the excellent earhooks they stay put even during the most demanding moves. There are some microphonic noises, but they can be avoided by using the clip provided. Obviously they do not offer isolation in any bigger meaning, this is not necessarily bad though.

Sound quality.
The EH10’s should not and can not be compared to IEM’s, as they do not seal the ear canal and do not offer isolation as such, nor do they offer the same clarity and detail.
Having said that the EH10’s do sound very nice. They present a warm dynamic sound with a nice detail and a soundstage with real space. The low end is meaty and controlled, the mids are lush and detailed, the highs are a little in the background but still fully audible. My favourite tracks sound well presented with a warm and smooth sound, fun is a word that springs to mind while listening to the EH10’s.

To sum up.
The good, fun and dynamic sound, comfort, exclusive looks.
The bad, the design (earhooks) may not suit users with specs.

I do recommend the SoundMAGIC EH10’s, for their price they offer great sound as well as exclusive looks.

Jul 4, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 9
nice review there. good to know soundmagic are adding more to their already excellent line-up. the only thing i don't like on this one is the large 'eh10' writing sticking out of your ears, wish that they just put the company's logo instead, like the ones sticking out in the pl50.

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 9
@Azathoth, I'm pretty sure this will get an even bigger buzz than the Yuins, since there's a huge chance that it's gonna be readily available in the Philippines. I'm just not as excited since I'm not a fan of the ear-hook design.

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #6 of 9
Dude. you can't be serious??? 

I just received them.. I can't face this really really awful soundquality. Realy, it's even worser then the earbuds you get in the airplane!

They say on the package: super bass response and outstanding clarity.. ROTFLMAO !! There is really no bass at all and yes, there is clarity at high volume because you can't hear low tones.

Really, don't buy this crap. It's terrible!

It even fits terrible.. 2 steps and they fall out your ears. No islolation at all.

Sep 7, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #8 of 9
Personal.. haha...

No, that is impossible. Even my little sister that never had better then the iPod earbuds says that it's terrible! I gave it to her and she asks me why I gave her rubbish. Seriously, the earbuds you get in the airplane are almost better. No exaggerating! Your smartfone's speaker against your ear wil give more detail.

But nevermind.. I was just surprised because there was a link to this review in the description of these earbuds. It also says:

"Excellent, warm bass with clarity and detail"

and

"One who loves a great music or loves watching movies at perfect crystal clear clarity can close your eyes and go for these."

This is just ridiculous! Or I must got a wrong copy?

Sep 7, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #9 of 9
Seems the same catch phrases are on most of the SoundMagic headphones like my e30s and it pretty much fits.  They are fantastic earphones.  Maybe you did get a bad pair.  It happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back