My review of the Hisoundaudio ROCOO-A
Feb 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #46 of 148
Just as important, can the C30 firmware be flashed onto the Rocoo to get BBE? Or is the C30 really just the Rocoo B?

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #47 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Talking about "best", Cowon D2 can be had for $100, which is almost same price; a comparison is needed.

From my review:
I can hear details in music that I could not hear with my Cowon D2 or Sansa Clip.
The soundstage is wider than both the D2 and Clip, and what more is that it is very nicely layered and instrument separation is excellent.

From post 25 in this thread:
I prefer it to the D2

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #49 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by mp3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my review:
I can hear details in music that I could not hear with my Cowon D2 or Sansa Clip.
The soundstage is wider than both the D2 and Clip, and what more is that it is very nicely layered and instrument separation is excellent.

From post 25 in this thread:
I prefer it to the D2

I don't doubt you like what you hear. I do suspect some kind of "EQ" was pre-applied, (whatever it was BBE, SRS.) We all know D2 can be adjusted to numerous ways, it's nothing wrong about EQ. But problem is, Hisound bill their AMP3 as "audiophile", they think "EQ" will destroy "audiophile"; and US and UK firmware gave different sound, that made their standing on EQ silly.

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #50 of 148
Quote:

Their "twin" looking Cube C30 has adjustable BBE. Can Hisound pre-apply "fixed BBE" to make Rocoo more spacious, transparent and 3D-ish? My grandfather used to say about door-to-door salesman, "tricky dickie" "make-believe". Talking about "best", Cowon D2 can be had for $100, which is almost same price; a comparison is needed.

Forget C30, C30 and ROCOO are totally different designs. The difference of the sound quality of them is the difference of day and night.

Aslo with my observation, Rocoo's class A amp is much better than BBE sound effects with the compared players. for the sound signature of ROCOO is very neutral and balanced. to me, Idon't need any EQs with ROCOO even though it has EQs.

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #51 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forget C30, C30 and ROCOO are totally different designs. The difference of the sound quality of them is the difference of day and night.

Aslo with my observation, Rocoo's class A amp is much better than BBE sound effects with the compared players. for the sound signature of ROCOO is very neutral and balanced. to me, Idon't need any EQs with ROCOO even though it has EQs.

Do you have both? Can you please do a review? Thank you.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #53 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the price of Cube C30 is very cheap, i think they did not use higher component for their audio hardware of player

C30 is cheap, USD $30-$40 for 4GB in China. If they choose to sell outside of China, my guess it will be priced around $70 - $80. Can you see my point now? The price will be close to Rocoo's target price $100 (if my guess is correct). You have AMP3, or Sansa Clip, right? Their components were not expensive, either.
Until we actually hear both, we really don't know how they compare. If someone can compare them, please do so. I really want to know.

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #54 of 148
Quote:

C30 is cheap, USD $30-$40 for 4GB in China. If they choose to sell outside of China, my guess it will be priced around $70 - $80. Can you see my point now? The price will be close to Rocoo's target price $100 (if my guess is correct). You have AMP3, or Sansa Clip, right? Their components were not expensive, either.
Until we actually hear both, we really don't know how they compare. If someone can compare them, please do so. I really want to know.

I don't think you can earn money if you sell C 30 among the Headfiers. for all of the Headfi members are music lovers. no matter what price you want to ask, $30 or $80, no one will be tempted by the low price than not the sound quality. And no audiophile will to pay money on the components, music lovers are interested on musicality.

There are many users has posted their opinions on ROCOO, If you want to compare the ROCOO and C30, you can do it by yourself. I am interested on reading your comparing.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #55 of 148
Do we come to this again, knocking a player we haven't had a chance to listen to it ? Do you remember the "AMP3" "hot head" period? Some even knocked a Sony player which was just announced (dealers didn't even have a sample). What happen to AMP3 now? Now, some conclude to use it as an amp only - what a turn!
I got some PM from young kids, they saved up to buy an AMP3 - an "audiophile" player, and they felt "cheated/taken".
Kids, if you happen to read my post, "Don't buy into the hype, please."

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #57 of 148
@david1978jp

Do not worry, I wait till money arrives to my paypal account. I think it is worth trying. C30 has also a more sophisticated amp in it. Maybe there is the possibility of rolling opamps, but this is just theory...

If everything goes ok, next week friday I will have my C30.

Mar 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #59 of 148
The C30 still has firmware issues, Cube has released about 4 updates, but the big issue now is that the player does not sort by ID3, only folder browsing :/ They also have some Japanese master BBE tuner helping them come out with better BBE presets, the last firmware update had a new BBE preset by that guy and its quite nice.

The C30 and S:Flo2/T51 are quite different, i like the C30, but you get much sq off the S:Flo2 is still more detailed and bolder, you can make this out with every song that you compare between the two. Then again when you compare the hardware in the two and the price, you would expect this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back