My old sennheizer phones are broken.. Need new ones!
Aug 1, 2010 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WilTrold

New Head-Fier
Hi all
As said, my old sennheizer headphones are broken. And i need some new as fast as possible. But the market have changed alot since i bought the old ones. So can one or more of you help me point out the best solution? I'm interested in spending 200$ or less on them. (no need to be sennheizer). I hear alot of music, so that will be my priority

Thanks
- William aka WilTrold

Aug 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 5
Welcome to Head-Fi.

What type of music do you listen to? Do you mind if they are open or closed cans? Do they need to be portable? What do you like in your sound?

Aug 1, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 5
we need a few more pieces of info.

what will you play them from?  for example, ipod, laptop, etc.

do you need open or closed phones? 

do you need portability.

when you say you listen to a lot of music, that doesn't really help us very much.  instead, tell us what you like in sound signature.  for example, bass, treble, mids, etc. and how you like those portrayed.
did you like your old senns?  what did you like about them?

would you consider buying from the for sale forum, used?  or do you strictly want new cans?

thanks!

Aug 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 5
And for comparison's sake, what did you used to have?

Aug 2, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #5 of 5
Okay,
iPod mostly, a bit from my macbook. I prefer closed ones, Well, I listen to alot of DnB, so a pair with a nice bass would be nice, But not that kind of bass that sounds like mud in a trashcan. Clear bass, but still powerful. Same goes for the sound overall. Clear sound so that i can hear all the details when for example, listening to Progresive rock and metal. The voice need to be understandable and not buried beneath muddy sound.
And of course, my old ones were resting around my ears, not directly on them. Great comfort! And they had not only a minijack but also the big jack.
I will accept used phones aswell :)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back