My new ARIA has arrived.
Dec 27, 2005 at 11:15 AM Post #106 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pace
I've been absent from this forum for a long time ... I came back to this place; and what happens?? I end up spending 525 euros.
eek.gif

I guess "welcome to Head-Fi / sorry about your wallet" isn't just for new comers.
wink.gif

Dec 28, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #107 of 396
Hi. I'm very new to the world of headphone amps but am very interested in the Aria. May I ask some very dumb questions?

1. Does the Aria plug into the wall outlet? I assume that it does. If so, does it come with the power supply unit, or is that not included?

2. If I want us the Aria with a CD player, what type of interconnect do I use? An RCA to RCA, or an RCA to mini?

Dec 28, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #108 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
Hi. I'm very new to the world of headphone amps but am very interested in the Aria. May I ask some very dumb questions?

1. Does the Aria plug into the wall outlet? I assume that it does. If so, does it come with the power supply unit, or is that not included?

2. Does the Aria take an RCA input from the interconnect attached to a CD player or does it take a mini input from the interconnect that is attached to the CD player?

1. yes, included (inside the amp, plug it to an AC outlet)

2. RCA input, but you can use a mini-to-RCA cable for portable devices.

Dec 28, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #109 of 396
The power supply is internal. A power cord comes with it.

It can take input from USB or RCA (or mini with a mini-RCA Y adapter).

Dec 28, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #111 of 396
Quote:

When the first 500 are sold, what then? Will this model then be sold for a higher price, or will there be no more. If for a higher price, how much more, do you speculate?

"In December of this year Meier-Audio officially exists 5 years and therefore we want to celebrate with 5 special sales-actions. This is the third one, starts right now and lasts till the end of this year.

For this special occasion an amplifier is being produced in a limited edition of 500 hundred pieces only. And this amplifier is very special indeed."

From that, my interpretation is that there's no more after 500. Also, since the "special sales" last only until the end of the year, I assume the ARIAs that are left (out of the 500) will have their prices go up, until all of them are gone.

Dec 28, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #113 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
"From that, my interpretation is that there's no more after 500. Also, since the "special sales" last only until the end of the year, I assume the ARIAs that are left (out of the 500) will have their prices go up, until all of them are gone.

That's my understanding too.
However, my concern is that after the 500s are sold, I afraid Shanling will sell their branded ARIAs for cheap
eek.gif
Hope this never happen.

BTW, I have put in my order too. According to Jan, my ARIA will be shipped this Tue.

Dec 28, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #114 of 396
Quote:

That's a little unfair. There really won't be any substantial reviews of this amp between now and the end of the year.

Not necessarily, there are already a couple of reviews of the prototype courtesy of Jazz and saint.panda. Also, Skylab intends to post a comparison between it and the HA-2 this week (in this thread: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...143768&page=5).

Also, if you were to buy one and end up unhappy with it you could potentially sell it for what you paid (or very close to it) since the price would have already gone up making it worth more on the used market (might even be more advantageous to do that than return it due to shipping costs, etc).

Ant

Dec 28, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #115 of 396
Quote:

That's a little unfair. There really won't be any substantial reviews of this amp between now and the end of the year.

Meier Audio does have a 30-day money back policy. If you're not in EU however, you have to pay for overseas shipping.

Reviews are some guidance but they really say nothing about whether you'll like the sound -- e.g., I think hd580 unamped is very decent, while some others say its unlistenable.

Quote:

However, my concern is that after the 500s are sold, I afraid Shanling will sell their branded ARIAs for cheap

Even if they do, would you buy from Shanling? I wouldn't. They can cut corners and sell you the amp cheap, and you'll think it's an "Aria" but it really isn't. Besides, I'm pretty sure they signed some kind of "non-competitive" agreement with Meier Audio that prohibits them from rebranding the Corda designs.

Dec 28, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #116 of 396
Quote:

It's not unfair at all.

Dec 28, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #117 of 396
Dec 28, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #118 of 396
Thanks, skylab, a very thoughtful review. One question: you mention the blue LED "light." I thought there were two lights, one on either side.

I have been studying headphone amps for a solid week now; I'm still listening directly out of a Sony PCDP for the moment.

I think I'm going to go for the Aria; it is a gorgeous hunk of equipment. How long do you think this will last? Will they run out soon? I think that most or all of its customers are here at Head Fi. How many have purchased?

Dec 28, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #120 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atropos
does the right blue led only light if there is an usb signal? i mean just switching to usb doesnt make any blue light, does it? because i have no computer nearby to test it out.

I have not tried it, but the right Blue LED does not light when using the analog inputs. And Dead Of Night, I was referring to the one on the left, which I wish were just a bit dimmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back