My loved K701's has to go. What should I get instead? T1?
Sep 1, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #16 of 19
I don't need specific amp reccomendations. When I can afford to do it I'll build a dedicated tube amp - in the meantime I can jerry-rig something with the nice SET amp I got powering my speakers, all I need there is some attenuation..

If what I have now is powerfull enough to really make K701's shine, will it be enough to enjoy T1's and show their basic potential?

Sep 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
I don't need specific amp reccomendations. When I can afford to do it I'll build a dedicated tube amp - in the meantime I can jerry-rig something with the nice SET amp I got powering my speakers, all I need there is some attenuation..

If what I have now is powerfull enough to really make K701's shine, will it be enough to enjoy T1's and show their basic potential?

Have you looked into the DT880/600 ohm? There have been some who actually prefer it to the T1. I have not heard the T1, but from what I hear they and the DT880/600 ohm share some similar characteristics. I think the DT880/600 ohm will give you the lower end you were missing with the K701, but will also maintain the clarity and open quality.

Good luck

shane

Sep 1, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #18 of 19
Ive heard both the K701 and the HD600 and the 600s sound grainy in the highs sometimes and have a somewhat reduced sound stage, could not fix that with a variety of amps (lisa, ehha, b22 etc)... a silver cable on a 650 sounds a lot closer to my ideal sound....

Sep 1, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #19 of 19
K702 + a "magic" amp that sounds good with it isn't an option. Even though it might sound well, it won't be noticeably more comfortable. (I got the 8 bumps variant of the K701.)

My budget is extremely flexible. It's not as if I can't afford both a T1 / HD800 and a great amp - so suggestions that involve a "worse" headphone just to make an amp fit in the budget isn't needed. I know the importance of a good amp, yet with my K701's the analogue section of this cheapo chinese DAC was good enough.

I don't really lack that much lowrange on my k701's - it would be nice if it would be just a tad better. Bass-heavy cans aren't my cup of tea at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back