my little pony appreciation thread
Sep 16, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #91 of 1,413
Sep 17, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #95 of 1,413
Thanks, guys.

My gift of "Pinkie Pie" to a three-year-old was a hit.

(Thank goodness...because she wouldn't know what to do with PK3.)

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #96 of 1,413
My fiancee is actually really into the show as well. Lucked out on that one. 
wink.gif

Quote:
What would you call a female fan, anyways?

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #97 of 1,413
Ah yes. The ominous internet meme taking the world by storm. I watched one episode to my dispair. It truly isn't bad for a kids show. I don't particularly enjoy it though I can see people drunk or high on pot would get a huge kick out of it
tongue.gif

What i do enjoy is the particular AMVs available for the show.

I watched that video after listening to blind guardian. (it was in the recommended list). So after that I decided to watch one episode. To my surprise it wasn't bad at all.

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #98 of 1,413
One of the greatest bands of all time, IMO. 

You probably already know but give Iced Earth, and Demons & Wizards a listen. Heck, give Hammerfall a try too. Some of my favorites in the same vein.

Quote:

I watched that video after listening to blind guardian. (it was in the recommended list). So after that I decided to watch one episode. To my surprise it wasn't bad at all.

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #99 of 1,413
Quote:
Ah yes. The ominous internet meme taking the world by storm. I watched one episode to my dispair. It truly isn't bad for a kids show. I don't particularly enjoy it though I can see people drunk or high on pot would get a huge kick out of it
tongue.gif

Keep watching! I promise it gets better. The first two episodes are a good introduction to the characters, but not nearly the best episodes overall. The second half of the season is consistently brilliant.

With that said, I've got two episodes left in my marathon, 25 and 26. Also two of the best, so I'm pretty stoked.

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #100 of 1,413
Wow, I didn't know there was an MLP thread. I'm surprised dfkt hasn't posted yet...

Anyway, does anyone know when the new season comes on? I would search for it, but I would rather have it posted here for all to see 
tongue.gif

Why is there so much hate towards the people who watch this show anyway? Are we not entitled to our own opinions of it and not be criticized for liking it? Eh, whatever. 

Hater's gonna hate 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #101 of 1,413
Quote:
Wow, I didn't know there was an MLP thread. I'm surprised dfkt hasn't posted yet...

Anyway, does anyone know when the new season comes on? I would search for it, but I would rather have it posted here for all to see 
tongue.gif

Why is there so much hate towards the people who watch this show anyway? Are we not entitled to our own opinions of it and not be criticized for liking it? Eh, whatever. 

Hater's gonna hate 
rolleyes.gif

9 a.m. EST is the premiere. I expect it up on YouTube within the hour.

I understand the hate for the fandom, because we do go a little overboard. The hate for the show mostly comes from the fact that it's My Little Pony, and because it's everywhere. I guarantee most of the haters in this thread haven't watched an episode, or stopped after the first one. They judge based on the brand name and the rabid following.

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #102 of 1,413
So you dudes don't watch for nostalgic reasons, and your over the age of 7 and male.... Where do you guys get your "stuff" I need to get that nuke your braincells grade stuff  to get into this show

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #104 of 1,413
This thread has already been locked once, please don't get it locked again. Just because you dislike something doesn't mean you have to crap all over it.

I got into it because it's animated really well, and the voice acting is really top notch. I can appreciate that...some cant I guess. Just leave if you don't get it.

Quote:

So you dudes don't watch for nostalgic reasons, and your over the age of 7 and male.... Where do you guys get your "stuff" I need to get that nuke your braincells grade stuff  to get into this show

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #105 of 1,413
So! Let's all ignore the trolls. They're missing out on something special.

How about that first episode of Season 2? Anyone else see it yet? How awesome is Discord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back