my little pony appreciation thread
Aug 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #16 of 1,413
Aug 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #18 of 1,413
Quote:
Lol. my little pony came out years ago. Why the hype now?

Because of "Friendship is Magic".

It's that show, and that show only, that has hype. The toy line could die for all anyone cares. People just buy them "ironically" so they can play up the brony image.

I watched the first episode last night. It's better than any five year old girl show deserves to be. All the characters were cliches as expected, but they were fully realized from the get go and show lots of potential for growth. It was never really corny, like you'd expect a show about talking ponies, unicorns, and pegasi (plural pegasus?) to be. I laughed at a couple of the jokes, too.

I shouldn't have watched it at 2 a.m. though. There were ponies in my dreams 
redface.gif

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #21 of 1,413
wut can i say..haters gonna hate

http://pawsru.org/pawsX/MLP/src/130626058885.gif

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #25 of 1,413
Its just a kids show with unusually good production values.

Oh yeah?

Back in MY day, we watched H.R. Pufnstuf, Land of the Lost and other strange Kroft shows.

Batman had a sense of humor and wasn't to be taken seriously. (Bob Keane wrote episodes.)

A local TV host played a bunch of really old cartoons Saturday mornings.

There was weird stuff on UHF.

Elvira and Joe Bob Briggs played bad old movies at night.

There were no infomercials and no product tie-ins, either.

We had it better. *Adjusts onion on belt.* (Oh yeah, I watched the Simpsons back when it was funny.)

Aug 21, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #26 of 1,413
Quote:

I like the serious Batman better.  Of course even Batman was already old by then.  All those ancient comic book characters go through phases like that.

For some reason I know who Elvira Mistress of the Dark is and I also remember the "middle" years when The Simpsons was consistently funny.

I heard some of the other names on your list, but that's all I can put a face to.

Aug 21, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #27 of 1,413
I'm sorry nothing from today can compare with the yester-year 

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #28 of 1,413

Quote:
I'm sorry nothing from today can compare with the yester-year 

actually, I'm quite intrigued by this thread, do readers find this to be a novelty, a joke? TBH, this thread wasn't created to allow people to needlessly bash.  this thread was created with one sole purpose, to allow fellow headfiers an oppurtunity to discuss the topic on hand, "My little pony" so for those who are here to bash i suggest they unsubscribe and leave

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #29 of 1,413
$DEITY knows I can't get my fix of smug telekinetic unicorns anywhere else...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back