My letter to Sandisk Sansa - Praising them for 3 years of 99% stress free listening. I HOPE SANSA READS THIS!!!!
Jul 17, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #63 of 69
cutshaw that is a fuze problem i never saw before

best advice is to reformat it and make sure its up to date with the latest firmware unless you want to rockbox it

Jul 17, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #64 of 69
I was thinking about puting rockbox on it, but if that didn't help it would surely screw getting a refund. I've only ever rockboxed my h320, and never looked into how to get it off and assumed it was changed for good?

Jul 17, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #65 of 69
Someone over at the sansa forums has said that it's a hardware fault, so the guy on ebay is going to give me a refund and for the return postage if he thinks it's faulty. It's a shame when you are genuinely looking forward to something and it ends up being the complete opposite. I might just shell out for a v2 and see how it goes.

Jul 17, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #66 of 69
I love my Sansa Clip+. It plays pretty much anything you put on it, and it's drag and drop, and the clip is very handy when you have a bunch of stuff in your pockets and you don't want to stick your DAP in there as well.

My only problem with it is the battery life, but I just charge it more often. The Fuze was only $7 more but I read the video playback stinks and I wanted the smaller player.

Jul 17, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #67 of 69

Quote:
Someone over at the sansa forums has said that it's a hardware fault, so the guy on ebay is going to give me a refund and for the return postage if he thinks it's faulty. It's a shame when you are genuinely looking forward to something and it ends up being the complete opposite. I might just shell out for a v2 and see how it goes.

Try formatting it completely with your computer, firmware and all, so it is an empty flash drive.....then install the firmware again. That worked for me a few times on a V2 Clip. If that doesn't work, then it's either Rockbox or nothing, I think.

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #68 of 69

Quote:
Try formatting it completely with your computer, firmware and all, so it is an empty flash drive.....then install the firmware again. That worked for me a few times on a V2 Clip. If that doesn't work, then it's either Rockbox or nothing, I think.

How do I do that? I've right clicked it in windows and formatted it. It still powers up with the UI working and firmware in place. If the problem is with the wheel then Rockbox wont fix it, and I wont be able to return it.

I can't send it back till monday so I've got time to mess about.

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #69 of 69

Quote:
How do I do that? I've right clicked it in windows and formatted it. It still powers up with the UI working and firmware in place. If the problem is with the wheel then Rockbox wont fix it, and I wont be able to return it.

I can't send it back till monday so I've got time to mess about.

Well, I left it connnected, after I formatted it (and that is how I formatted it, the way you describe)....in Windows Explorer it came up totally empty, none of those folders were there. Then I dropped the firmware onto the root, unplugged, and got the firmware upgrade message. I'm using Win 7.....not sure if that would make a difference or not though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back