My head hurts when listening to anything Digital
Feb 21, 2010 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Uri Cohen

Formerly known as HyperDuel
As the title saids. As of late when I keep listening to all my FLAC files either with speakers or headphones after like 30 or so minutes I just need to shut it off because my head will be hurting like crazy. Changing the volume doesn't work at all.

And I NEVER have this problem with my turntable.

Is this the fatigue that people talk about with Digital? I never had this problem with Digital before and this problem just starting to appear just a few weeks ago.

Any idea what should I do?

Feb 21, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 47
A few weeks ago this started so you've tossed your MP3 player? What was it you were using for digital playback?

Feb 22, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A few weeks ago this started so you've tossed your MP3 player? What was it you were using for digital playback?

Nope. It was my outside source. I had this home setup for months.

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #4 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperDuel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after like 30 or so minutes I just need to shut it off because my head will be hurting like crazy.

Do you jump around, rock your head etc. that is causing impacts with surrounding room furnature, walls etc.

Perhaps you should wear a crash helmet.

Quote:

You're doing it right man. ROCK ON!

Just tell me what you're listening to!! :)

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 47
You need to go see Dr. Diamond.
atsmile.gif

se

Feb 22, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #8 of 47
It's the 1s and 0s penetrating your brain.

Feb 22, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #11 of 47
Quote:

As the title saids. As of late when I keep listening to all my FLAC files either with speakers or headphones after like 30 or so minutes I just need to shut it off because my head will be hurting like crazy. Changing the volume doesn't work at all.

And I NEVER have this problem with my turntable.

Is this the fatigue that people talk about with Digital? I never had this problem with Digital before and this problem just starting to appear just a few weeks ago.

Do you have clear audio signal path configured? If you use Windows 7 or Vista, chances are unless you use ASIO or Kennel Streaming, the sound can be bad/harsh and degraded.

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #12 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have clear audio signal path configured? If you use Windows 7 or Vista, chances are unless you use ASIO or Kennel Streaming, the sound can be bad/harsh and degraded.

For starters LOL at your comments guys.

I'm on XP and using ASIO.

After thinking about it I think most of my headaches are with the headphones. I'm going to try out the Crossfeed to see if that does the trick.

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #14 of 47
Quote:

After thinking about it I think most of my headaches are with the headphones.

Does this mean you do not use your headphones with your turntable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back