My friend's wife yelled at me.
Jul 31, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #16 of 53
  a woman's kitchen IS a woman's kitchen....
she is THE boss, come headache or earthquake :p

obey...or buzz off  :)

However the campsite is the man's domain.  I don't really think this way, however if you wan't to play the sexist card, there's my two cents.  Especially given the fact she requested he take over.  As the old adage goes, if you wan't something done "right" do it yourself.  Otherwise I say sit back and ****.  

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #17 of 53
  Your friend asked you but was it ok with her? If she had a headache what was she doing sitting close to the stove and watching you cook? Shouldn't she be resting somewhere else?

Good point, I'm not too sure if she was happy about the idea of me coming along, but my friend asked me to come partly because he knows that I know where all the good camping and fishing spot are.

He also knows that I have been camping in this area more than he has.

When I took over to cook the eggs, because we camping there isn't anywhere to sit besides the picnic table. That's why she was sitting there next to the stove.

Also, now that you mention it. I didn't bother to bring any food on the trip, I told my friend that since he is shopping for the trip, just to expect that I will be eating and to shop extra for me.

Come to think of it now, his wife did call me leech a couple of time during the trip before that. I didn't think anything of it and I thought she was just joking around.

Also, I would like to mention that my friend and I are not poor, and we commonly buy each other dinner or lunch whenever we go out. So I don't think this was a issue.

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #18 of 53
  Here's my two cents:

Women, especially wives are inherently protective with family.  So called "family outings" whether it's camping or whatever, there's a sad and strong truth of the "third wheel" and invasion of family time.  That and a lot of wives that I know don't like the camping scene but goes along for the ride.

I'm curious though, where was your friend in all this?  Was he around to hear the dialogue?  If he was absent, you need to have a beer time with him and explain to him the situation for him to neutralize any bad or hard feelings his wife may still have. I wouldn't avoid your friend as **** happens to all of us to some degree. Good luck.

My friend was standing 10 feet away and he heard the whole thing.

Afterwards, he told me his wife is moody, and he told me to just wait and she will forget the whole thing later.

I'm thinking the next time we hang out it will be at the auto show, because I know his wife won't be coming.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #20 of 53
im thinking she was furious about being there from the start.  however she didnt want to be "that" wife so she will have done the passive aggressive thing and not said a word directly to him about .  then you said something to her she feels she has a justifiable reason to explode.  you started it you see so its your fault.

also shes clearly a bitch and incapable of communicating properly with her husband.  if she didnt want you there she should have made it clear to him.

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #21 of 53
Look at the bright side - you aren't your friend. Can you imagine living with that crazy b!tch?

You were the third wheel on this trip, correct? That's a problem. Either you or her just shouldn't have been there. If you and your friend want to do things, then have your friend come to your house, or meet your friend at the destination. That way, if he brings her, that's on him, not you.

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #22 of 53

Good point, I'm not too sure if she was happy about the idea of me coming along, but my friend asked me to come partly because he knows that I know where all the good camping and fishing spot are.

He also knows that I have been camping in this area more than he has.

When I took over to cook the eggs, because we camping there isn't anywhere to sit besides the picnic table. That's why she was sitting there next to the stove.

Also, now that you mention it. I didn't bother to bring any food on the trip, I told my friend that since he is shopping for the trip, just to expect that I will be eating and to shop extra for me.

Come to think of it now, his wife did call me leech a couple of time during the trip before that. I didn't think anything of it and I thought she was just joking around.

Also, I would like to mention that my friend and I are not poor, and we commonly buy each other dinner or lunch whenever we go out. So I don't think this was a issue.

As a rule, well my rule, in any gathering, family and/or friends, I always bring something consumable (beer
beerchug.gif
) and fast food (a bucket of KFC).

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #23 of 53

I think your friend wasn't thinking of his wife, he was thinking of himself, which caused the problem. His wife would likely have wanted it to be all family time, not "hanging out with a mate" time.

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #24 of 53
Obviously, it's an awkward situation but it's also a matter of self-respect. If someone cusses you out for no reason, they should apologize. No reason to talk to them anymore till they do.

Besides that, your friend needs to take her in hand. Sometimes, people get lost in trying to understand the problem instead of taking steps to see that it doesn't happen again.

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #25 of 53

I think your friend wasn't thinking of his wife, he was thinking of himself, which caused the problem. His wife would likely have wanted it to be all family time, not "hanging out with a mate" time.

Yeah, I think that had something to do with it. And I know better now.

Just goes to show how fragile relationships are, his wife is still mad at me and my friend can't talk to me much because she won't be happy about it.

In my opinion, she was not happy about the situation and was not feeling well, and decided to curse at me.

But I would think after she cooled down, she might feel she was wrong, but she is still pissed at me.

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #26 of 53
Originally Posted by arnesto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But I would think after she cooled down, she might feel she was wrong, but she is still pissed at me.

Her family outing was hijacked as an excuse for her husband to hang out with his mate, not spending time with the family. She wasn't wrong for being angry! Women don't just say bluntly what they think like men do. If you don't treat your wife like a princess then you're doing it wrong! When you're doing it right you'll get all the love given back to you.

A (female) friend of mine used to joke how she'd put out for a good meal cooked for her. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #27 of 53
Her family outing was hijacked as an excuse for her husband to hang out with his mate, not spending time with the family. She wasn't wrong for being angry! Women don't just say bluntly what they think like men do. If you don't treat your wife like a princess then you're doing it wrong! When you're doing it right you'll get all the love given back to you.

A (female) friend of mine used to joke how she'd put out for a good meal cooked for her. 

I'm betting that was *before* she married the guy, and most certainly before she had kids with him... :wink:

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #28 of 53

If thats all true... Shes still wrong for being angry. Not really how an adult should handle a problem, playing the princess card and cussing out the wrong person. Sounds like a horrible woman to me.

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #29 of 53

If thats all true... Shes still wrong for being angry. Not really how an adult should handle a problem, playing the princess card and cussing out the wrong person. Sounds like a horrible woman to me.

No, she is not wrong for being angry. For a woman, family is family. If the husband isn't focussed on the family, a wife will be angry. You cannot tell a woman not to be a woman (nor a man not to be man). A husband should treat his wife like a princess. Otherwise, why are they married? 
smile.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #30 of 53
No, she is not wrong for being angry. For a woman, family is family. If the husband isn't focussed on the family, a wife will be angry. You cannot tell a woman not to be a woman (nor a man not to be man). A husband should treat his wife like a princess. Otherwise, why are they married? :smile:

So its totally acceptable to throw a tantrum at a ramdom person whos not responsible for the situation...because shes a woman. Yeah not buying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back