My friend's wife yelled at me.
Mar 17, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #46 of 53
But
I know there are bigger problems in this world, but I just thought I would tell this story to see if anyone else has the same problem.

So, my friend ask me if I want to go camping with him, his wife, and two kids.

First day we go camping and I went fishing and it was fun, I caught 2 trout by the lakeside and everything was good.

The next day in the morning, my friend's wife tells me she is having a terrible headache and if I can take over cooking the eggs for breakfast.

I quickly take over, but my friend's wife is sitting next to the stove and keeps telling me to flip the eggs.

I keep flipping the eggs, but the third time she tells me to flip the eggs, I tell her I know how to cook eggs and she is being too bossy.

That's when she flips out and tells me not to disrespect her and starts calling me the "f" word 3 times.

I don't know how this happened, I was just trying to help out.

On the way home, she won't say a word to me.

Anyhow, now I'm thinking she must of hated me from the beginning and she must have shown me her true feelings.

I feel burdened by this because my friend is one of my best friends, but now I cannot and do not want to go back to his house.

Do you other fellas have trouble getting along with your friend's wife?

But your suppose to flip eggs at least four times... I would have yelled at you to.

Mar 27, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #47 of 53
But

But your suppose to flip eggs at least four times... I would have yelled at you to.

Different people have different views on how to cook stuff, but yeah that was uncomfortable if this thread is still going on :) It may sound weird but... That's why during hikes and camping I do what was said on cleverwander and carry my own cookware and do not let anyone touch it. It saves me and others from stress.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #48 of 53
My brother.......his wife; my wife and I went to a concert. On the way home his wife spilled a whole coke on the floor of my car. I’m very weird about the light beige carpet in my car. Seeing the stain made me lose my temper....and I did scream a little. :)

Since then my brother and his wife have divorced, yet we are all still friends.

The thing is....people lose their cool. It’s really no big deal. Being friends is way more important than some fast chosen words.

Mar 29, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #49 of 53
I know there are bigger problems in this world, but I just thought I would tell this story to see if anyone else has the same problem.

First day we go camping and I went fishing and it was fun, I caught 2 trout by the lakeside and everything was good.

The next day in the morning, my friend's wife tells me she is having a terrible headache and if I can take over cooking the eggs for breakfast.

I quickly take over, but my friend's wife is sitting next to the stove and keeps telling me to flip the eggs.

I keep flipping the eggs, but the third time she tells me to flip the eggs, I tell her I know how to cook eggs and she is being too bossy.

That's when she flips out and tells me not to disrespect her and starts calling me the "f" word 3 times.

Anyhow, now I'm thinking she must of hated me from the beginning and she must have shown me her true feelings.

I feel burdened by this because my friend is one of my best friends, but now I cannot and do not want to go back to his house.

Dude, not to make for an even more awkward situation, but I think your friend's wife is totally into you.

Apr 2, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #50 of 53
How the hell did you come to that conclusion...

Apr 2, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #51 of 53
How the hell did you come to that conclusion...

Well sometimes a pursuer resorts to more desperate measures when the pursue-e fails to notice their advances.

Apr 2, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #52 of 53
I agree but this situation really did not give me those vibes. I could be wrong though of course. Haha.

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #53 of 53

One of my good friend's wife made a blatant pass at me, I turned her down. She soured...
The last time I hung around her she kept trying to hook me up with her fat ugly friend, it got so obnoxious that I ended up telling both of them to F off.
Had to have a talk with my friend, and told him to have his crazy wife stay as far away from me as humanely possible (left out the part about her making a pass, they have kids together). Whenever we hang out, he comes to my house, and leaves her dumb@$$ at home.
I'd say...be honest with your friend and if your friendship is important enough to him, he will accommodate you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back