My First Step in Audio/Head Fi Newbie rant?
Feb 23, 2011 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ravenum

New Head-Fier
Hello Head Fi

I would like to thank first this forum for the wealth of knowledge i found by search and surfing here and having friendly and helpful people in this community. and to say Sorry for the Wall of Text

I first came here by accident when I was researching more information on Bose qc15. I'm ready to actually buy it(w/ money that i save up in XMAS)  Best Buy early this year, but my gut told me " is this really the high end? or is there something better". so withhold my urge to buy and done extensive research in the net until I stumbled here.

the funny part is the first thing I read here is the acerbic review/impression on Bose. a lot different from what i read in other review sites (though one mention its great headphone but not an audiophile's  forgot which site it is)

after doing some searching and a need help post( which somewhat failed to be notice though i understand because of the influx of questions thread that is being posted). so with armed with what knowledge I gained here I Bought the Sennheiser HD650 (Having the same price as qc15 which i already had the 350$ budget for it .) because of the positive reviews and amount of people who owns it should speak for it self and The way it looks is a Love at first sight for me.  so i ordered it

When the package arrive (After a week long of agonizing wait and checking the Tracking #) I immediately plug it in to my Sony Walkman. 1st i was a bit disappointed with the sound (I knew that I need to burn it in and need an amp but i was expecting at least big difference in the Buds that i was using ) not until I was in my room which is almost totally silent. then there I started hearing details and things I did not heard or even new that existed before and instrument are coming from different direction in my songs without realizing I already shed a tear of joy (literally) it breathe a new life to songs that I been listening to for a long time.

So lesson learned on HD650 as a portable is a bad idea (though I do not regret my purchased) but i needed something I can bring outside.so Today I bought an ATH m50s( IEMS irritates myear so i'm stuck with Circumural) from GuitarCenter (110$ w/ tax price compared with scitcat) and with the Fiio E5 I hope I be hearing something great again. planning on burning it atleast50 hours  or maybe not .

and as for the HD650 planning on getting either Meier stepdance or Headstage arrow but thats another story once i get enough budget for either of those two for my PC rig.

EXTRA: any suggestion which one to get Stepdance or headstage arrow for a newbie/beginner? btw I be using an Iphone 4 as Source rather than the Sony walkman

Thank you Again Head Fi!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back