My first pro. Cans
Jul 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

hishammsm

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi'ers,

I am new hear and i was looking for your advise to buy my first pro cans, i have a Fiio E11 portable amp and i am putting a 250$ budget.

Now i will be using my cans with my iPhone and computer (which has a Claro ii card) and i am looking for clear crisp sound and not the all-bass stuff.

Regards,,,

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 11
If you have a place where you can go listen to some different types...I would do that.

Make sure to listen to some Grado's

Jul 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for the reply, however i do not think that i can find a place here in Egypt where i can test different types of cans, so my decision is going to be built on the experience of the head-fi community :)

I have a friend that suggested to me the Bose AE2 head phones, and he consider him self an audiophile, i know that the AE2 is not a studio cans but can any one confirm that they are actually good ?

Regards,,,

Jul 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 11
AKG K550, should work fairly well with the iPhone, even without add-on headphone amplifier.

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 11
take a look at the akg k701. don't know how much these are in egypt though. They're definately not that all-bass stuff. Same goes for the k271.

I second the k550s. Very nice pair of headphones that could be my next purchase after the fostex t50s 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 11
Good suggestions so far. Another to add to your list could be the Audio Technica ATH-A900s. I really like these, they surprised me a lot. Good bass, never too much, and an enjoyable sound overall.

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #7 of 11
I'd have to assume that the OP should not go with the AKG701.

It has great detail/highs (and mids) BUT it requires a well matched amp

I could be wrong since I've never owned the E11.

The soundcard seems nice though so no extra DAC needed.

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 11
Thanks a lot guys, i am making a list of all your recommendations and i will be making my purchase online (mostly from amazon).
So it seems that the AE2 is not quiet famous in here after all :)

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
Thanks a lot guys, i am making a list of all your recommendations and i will be making my purchase online (mostly from amazon).
So it seems that the AE2 is not quiet famous in here after all :)

I'm sure if you can get the Bose AE2 for half of the subjected retail price, there a good buy.

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
I do agree that it is quiet over priced, but can it be called an audiophile or pro. headphones ?

You just do not see Head-Fiers into Bose headphones.
(unless I've missed something?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back