1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

My first pro. Cans

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hishammsm, Jul 4, 2012.
  1. hishammsm
    Hello Head-fi'ers,

I am new hear and i was looking for your advise to buy my first pro cans, i have a Fiio E11 portable amp and i am putting a 250$ budget.

Now i will be using my cans with my iPhone and computer (which has a Claro ii card) and i am looking for clear crisp sound and not the all-bass stuff.

Regards,,,

2. whirlwind
    If you have a place where you can go listen to some different types...I would do that.

Make sure to listen to some Grado's

3. hishammsm
    Thanks for the reply, however i do not think that i can find a place here in Egypt where i can test different types of cans, so my decision is going to be built on the experience of the head-fi community :)

I have a friend that suggested to me the Bose AE2 head phones, and he consider him self an audiophile, i know that the AE2 is not a studio cans but can any one confirm that they are actually good ?

Regards,,,

4. PurpleAngel Contributor
    AKG K550, should work fairly well with the iPhone, even without add-on headphone amplifier.

5. Hasashi
    take a look at the akg k701. don't know how much these are in egypt though. They're definately not that all-bass stuff. Same goes for the k271.

I second the k550s. Very nice pair of headphones that could be my next purchase after the fostex t50s [​IMG]

6. BrownBear
    Good suggestions so far. Another to add to your list could be the Audio Technica ATH-A900s. I really like these, they surprised me a lot. Good bass, never too much, and an enjoyable sound overall.

7. saintyoo
    I'd have to assume that the OP should not go with the AKG701.

It has great detail/highs (and mids) BUT it requires a well matched amp

I could be wrong since I've never owned the E11.

The soundcard seems nice though so no extra DAC needed.

8. hishammsm
    Thanks a lot guys, i am making a list of all your recommendations and i will be making my purchase online (mostly from amazon).
    So it seems that the AE2 is not quiet famous in here after all :)

9. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Quote:
    I'm sure if you can get the Bose AE2 for half of the subjected retail price, there a good buy.

10. hishammsm
    Quote:

I do agree that it is quiet over priced, but can it be called an audiophile or pro. headphones ?

11. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Quote:
    You just do not see Head-Fiers into Bose headphones.
    (unless I've missed something?)