My First Good Set Of Headphones: How big of a difference should I expect?
Nov 30, 2010 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Thrashattack92

New Head-Fier
I'm making an upgrade from Sony MDR- V150s to some Sennheiser HD555s that I got for $80 on Amazon. I'm hoping for a big increase in sound quality. What do you guys think?

I've already got a bunch of FLAC quality music, so I won't have to worry about crappy bitrate.

Nov 30, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 15
Night and day.
smily_headphones1.gif
Enjoy.

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #7 of 15
I guess this is where we say "I feel sorry for your wallet."
tongue.gif
Welcome to Head-fi and audiophilia.

Quote:
AExpect to be overwhelmed by your first taste of audiophilia. :) Most people are. Then you'll spend some time "chasing the dragon," so to speak.

Quote:
Might wanna consider hiding your wallet
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #9 of 15
the initial change is the best.

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #10 of 15
Well, I just got my first pair of headphones - AD700, never owned any headphones before, been using my sound sticks ii all the time.

In term of music, they both sound pretty much the same for me, just that I got a better sound stage with AD700, and it's really lack of bass, haha as expected.

Gaming, which is my main purpose of getting this headphones, the positioning of sound, it's just awesome!!!!

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #11 of 15
Haha, thanks a lot for all the advice. And I had previously thought the V150's were the best headphones I had owned...Haha my poor virgin ears, I guess.
I'll let you all know what I think about 'em when they get here.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #12 of 15
humm ad700 to me can be more preference specific.  Maybe better luck next time?
redface.gif

Quote:
Well, I just got my first pair of headphones - AD700, never owned any headphones before, been using my sound sticks ii all the time.

In term of music, they both sound pretty much the same for me, just that I got a better sound stage with AD700, and it's really lack of bass, haha as expected.

Gaming, which is my main purpose of getting this headphones, the positioning of sound, it's just awesome!!!!

Dec 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #15 of 15
what type music do you listen to?  Try listening to a lower level and you might find the ad700 sounding better, well at least to me.  I listen to them lower than what I listen to on other headphones. Like for example if normally listen at 50% volume on others then on the ad700 I listen to them at 35%...maybe even 30%.  Either way, the ad700 isn't really my type of headphone because of the bass and are kind of large.  They are not bad headphone though, has a sort of floating on ice type of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back