My ER6I'S ARE HERE!
Aug 30, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #46 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by tcristy
I ordered mine last Sunday. I got the shipping notice on Monday. The USPS tracking page never showed anything other than the "electronically notified" message, but they arrived yesterday.

I ship things frequently with USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. The delivery confirmation feature doesn't add "tracking" per se, it only provides the shipper with verification that the item was delivered. It's not meant for "tracking" purposes, does he (iDealsound) give out the delivery confirmation numbers as tracking numbers?

Aug 30, 2004 at 9:08 PM Post #47 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
mine didnt came, ordered it last wednesday night. i dont think they even ship it out yet. the tracking doesnt show any info.

that's USPS for ya, it only shows "expect the pkg", and then "delivered" HOURS after actual delivery. it's not very useful for the receipient of the pkg. i ordered last Monday night, shipped Wed according to Paul.

--Andrew

Aug 30, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #48 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayn
that's USPS for ya, it only shows "expect the pkg", and then "delivered" HOURS after actual delivery. it's not very useful for the receipient of the pkg. i ordered last Monday night, shipped Wed according to Paul.

--Andrew

you're lucky to actually get a response back from Paul : it's over 35 hours I've been waiting for a shipping quote to my country so I know how much to pay with paypal....

Aug 30, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #49 of 83
I ordered mine from discountheadphones.com on Thursday, 8/26, and just got a delivery notice today (actually, notice that the shipping label was printed, but this has to be done the day of shipping, unlike with UPS). I ordered these specifically for a 15+ hour plane trip on Friday, and it looks like I should have them in plenty of time (I'm in California, so I may even have them tomorrow). No direct communication from Paul (just Paypal), but if this thread is any indication, he's surely swamped with orders at the moment. All things considered, I'm a happy camper (so far).

This will be my first Ety experience, and I'm excited about taking the plunge.

Aug 30, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #50 of 83
Tortoise - FYI - I ordered my Ety's Monday of last week and Paul said that he was going to ship them Wednesday (8/25). That never happened. I wouldn't have known this unless I emailed him to ask where they were and why the USPS delivery notice had no useful information. He replied saying that they were backordered and that my phones would go out this Wednesday (9/1). Needless to say, I'd still be worried if you want them for Friday. I'd have to disagree with your statement about that the shipping label "has to be done the day of shipping" because I got that shipping label Tuesday 8/24 and it still has no useful information and my shipment hasn't even been shipped yet. I may just cancel and order elsewhere tomorrow so that I can have them by the end of the week.

Aug 31, 2004 at 12:39 AM Post #51 of 83
an update, checked my (snail) mailbox, no ER-6i's yet, hopefully tomorrow... I emailed Paul just to make sure they were indeed shipped out last Wed...

Aug 31, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #53 of 83
A recommendation: If somebody is ready to post a review about the 6i, could he/she please start a new "6i reviews" thread so that people can keep discussing their delivery status here and acustical properties of the phones can have their own thread. No offense.

Aug 31, 2004 at 1:57 AM Post #54 of 83
Just an update:
After writing to Paul to display my disappointment with his lack of update/response/service, he responded tonight and told me that there are 40 units coming in tomorrow and another 40 units on Wednesday. My order will be shipped via overnight tomorrow. He also told me that they are upgrading their email systems for better response time. I know we're all anxious to get the new phones, but a little patience goes a long way.
I hope this helps those who are still wondering!

-mike

Aug 31, 2004 at 2:01 AM Post #55 of 83
Hi fellow Headphonephiles/Earphonephiles,

This is Paul Chua, owner of iDealSound. We have been getting a lot of email from anxious and rightfully stressed customers that recently bought a 6i from our new site www.discountheadphones.com

I would like to let everybody know that if your unit has not shipped out already it is going out tomorrow. I contacted Mark Piepinbrink (CFO of Etymotic Research) this morning and told him that I was SWAMPED by ridiculous demand for the ER6i and that I need as many as they can spare PRONTO!!! I had to raise the price of the 6is, though if you ordered prior to 6:30 P.M. PST today you have grandfathered the incredible price of $109.99

They are actually working get me 200 units that will arrive fresh at our shipping center tomorrow! Rest assured everybody will have their 6Is by the end of the week or sooner!

I want to thank you for all those that have been patiently waiting; I know some people have been waiting for as long as 1 week! As some of you know, we pride ourselves with providing prompt shipment and treating everybody fairly. We want to continue this tradition and we thank you for bearing with our growing pains as we grow and continue to share the passion of music to all!

We were out this weekend on our emails though we have responded to all emails in our server today, and you can expect a response within 24 hours if you send us an email at idealsound@mail.com

For those that are not familiar with us, take comfort at our track record - we have over 2500 happy customers and have an incredible 100% satisfaction record on eBay!

You can view our feedback here:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISA...rid=idealsound

Thanks again to all and rest assured you will soon be enjoying your 6i

Aug 31, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #57 of 83
Yeah, thanks for the update Paul.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #59 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayn
an update, checked my (snail) mailbox, no ER-6i's yet, hopefully tomorrow... I emailed Paul just to make sure they were indeed shipped out last Wed...

But don't you already have the 2X-S? I don't really understand why you'd want to buy another pair of canalphones, unless it's just for curiosity/comparison.

(and yes, you can buy whatever you want, I'm just wondering, please let's not start yet another dramatic Head-Fi war!
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #60 of 83
did anyone else get their pair? i want to order them but i am not sure coz its gonna be my first "real" set of headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back