My ER6I'S ARE HERE!
Aug 28, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #16 of 83
Cool - the 6i comes with pumpkin foamies too, in case you aren't a flange lover.

Aug 28, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #17 of 83
The bass is tight and accurate, not overblown.

I tried some EX71s for a while and found the bass those to be horribly boomy and muddy. The quality of bass on the 6i's is much much higher quality.

Bassheads wanting heavy thumping bass are likely to be dissappointed, but I prefer it this way.

The more I listen and get past the initial shock the more right they sound. One thing for sure is they really reveal differences in recording quality more than the PX-200s I was using. High quality recordings (particullarly classical) went from pretty good on the PX-200 to incredible on the 6i. On the other hand, poorer quality recordings (particulary some 80s rock), went from OK to nastily bright.

Aug 28, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #18 of 83
i ordered mine last night. i can't wait until i get them
etysmile.gif

Aug 29, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #19 of 83
TenderBranson - when exactly did you order those? I'm still waiting on mine and I'm quite disappointed with discountearphones.com aka iDealSound.com's customer service. After telling me that my phones would be shipped out Wednesday (8/25) and getting a USPS tracking number, I was caught offguard today when I finally emailed him (Paul) and got a response saying that they were backordered until Wednesday of this week. If I didn't email him first, I doubt I would have ever found out about the lack of stock. I don't understand how a company can be run like this. I know many people have gotten great service from him, but I, unfortunately, have not.
I am writing him an email as we speak to get to the bottom of this clusterf**k. Ah well....just venting cuz I'm jealous you got yours...

Aug 29, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #20 of 83
Exact same thing happened to me - I ordered mine last Saturday, a week ago today, and emailed Paul on Monday and he originally said my order would be out last Wednesday. I got the USPS tracking number, but there's been no movement on it so far. I'm glad I read your post sideburns, I was planning on holding off until Monday night to email him just to see if the tracking number would show anything. I guess I'll just be waiting until they ship on this Wednesday.

Aug 29, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #21 of 83
TenderBranson - do you think the cord length is too long for usage with a portable device like the ipod? Considering it's marketed toward ipod users I would've thought the cord could've been a bit shorter?

just my opinion though, but I'm sure i'd get used to it.

BTW, I too ordered a pair of these phones on tuesday, I got a tracking number but it apparently hasn't been shipped yet. Yeah it sucks having to wait another week for them, but he does offer the cheapest price for them on the internet so i'm not complaining TOO much. Blame it on people broadcasting discountheadphones on ipodlounge

tongue.gif

Aug 29, 2004 at 9:39 AM Post #25 of 83
I ordered mine last Sunday. I got the shipping notice on Monday. The USPS tracking page never showed anything other than the "electronically notified" message, but they arrived yesterday.

Aug 29, 2004 at 12:38 PM Post #27 of 83
I like that small pouch for my 4S, but will nevertheless have a look at the zipper pouch once I order new filters from ER.

I would like to know about the microphonics with the 6i, preferably from someone who also owns or owned the 4P or 4S.

Aug 29, 2004 at 12:59 PM Post #28 of 83
i think u guys should look into after market products
smily_headphones1.gif

such as a mint tin, i think that would be perfct for storeing phones and keeping them fresh
etysmile.gif

Aug 29, 2004 at 6:09 PM Post #29 of 83
does discountheadphones not send out emails on weekends? i ordered my Etymotics at 4 am saturday morning, and i haven't even recieved an acknowledgment of the order beyond my paypal receipt.

Aug 29, 2004 at 6:18 PM Post #30 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
does discountheadphones not send out emails on weekends? i ordered my Etymotics at 4 am saturday morning, and i haven't even recieved an acknowledgment of the order beyond my paypal receipt.

I don't know, either, but I sent them an e-mail yesterday asking whether they ship internationally (which I understand they do, but I'm just making sure) and how much would shipping be to my country, and I didn't get a reply yet either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back