My ER6I'S ARE HERE!
Aug 28, 2004 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

TenderBranson

New Head-Fier
Arrived at my house in Demarest, NJ, straight from iDealSound in Cali.

The package is sitting on my desk right now, screaming to be opened.

I'm sure many of you are eager to get some real pictures and a review....my Canon A75 is ready to go and I'll gladly share them if someone offers to host them.

I'll see how they match up to my MS-1's.

WOOH!

Aug 28, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 83
You are one lucky dude,do tell us how is it and please post some pictures
etysmile.gif

Aug 28, 2004 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 83
Hit that up-close button and start clicking, buddy!

Aug 28, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #7 of 83
Oh you person...enough of that and on to the real pics! I'm wondering if someone with the ER-6's could do a little A/B testing, I think that would give potential customer a better idea on what to expect.

Aug 28, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #10 of 83
Mailman just delivered mine as well.

Quick impression after ~10 minutes of use compared to the PX-200 I was using: Bass is similar in quantity, but tighter on the 6i. The 6i has considerably more treble energy. The PX-200 that had seemed fine before now sound very dark in comparison to the 6i. The treble on the 6i seems a bit harsh, but maybe that will smooth out in time or I just need to get used to it. Detail is better on the 6i.

Source was a 4G iPod with AAC VBR averaging around 230kbps.

Aug 28, 2004 at 5:15 PM Post #11 of 83
How much did you guys pay for these and where did you buy them from?

Aug 28, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #13 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by tcristy
Mailman just delivered mine as well.

Quick impression after ~10 minutes of use compared to the PX-200 I was using: Bass is similar in quantity, but tighter on the 6i. The 6i has considerably more treble energy. The PX-200 that had seemed fine before now sound very dark in comparison to the 6i. The treble on the 6i seems a bit harsh, but maybe that will smooth out in time or I just need to get used to it. Detail is better on the 6i.

Source was a 4G iPod with AAC VBR averaging around 230kbps.

Very encouraging news. I ordered mine this week, but they are backordered and won't ship till Wednesday or Thursday........hopefully.
I was never really impressed with the original ER6 (which is why they were not replaced after my dog snacked on them) due to:
1. lack of bass....which might be due, in part, to #2
2. difficulty maintaining a seal with the dual flange tips. I have the same problem with the Shure E2C.

The reports of increased bass, along with a tri-flange tip, has me eagerly anticipating their arrival.
biggrin.gif

PS......keep the impressions coming

Aug 28, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #14 of 83
The increased bass looks nice, but is it quality? I hope they didn't give the ER6's some E2-like bass and call it a day
rolleyes.gif

Aug 28, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #15 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
The increased bass looks nice, but is it quality? I hope they didn't give the ER6's some E2-like bass and call it a day
rolleyes.gif

Not at all. The ER6i has a full, deep bass. It may not have the impact full-size headphone give, but I do feel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back