My ER6I'S ARE HERE!
Sep 2, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #76 of 83
My 6i's were in the mailbox when I got home from school. I'm honestly not sure what my shipping time was. Originally, I had emailed Paul and he had told me they would ship out last Wednesday on 8/25. The label on the box says 8/24, which is the day that the USPS was notified by Idealsound to expect the package, according to their tracking site. But after hearing that many people's orders didn't go out until this Tuesday and Wednesday, I really can't be sure when mine shipped. I live in northern Wisconsin, if that helps.

I'm not much of an audiophile, so I'll not make any judgments on the sound since I don't think I'd know what I'd be talking about, plus they haven't burned in yet, but I will try to let you know what I'm hearing. I will say that as this is my first set of quality phones beyond the Koss UR40, I am extremely happy. I listened for a bit to the score for the video game Secret Weapons Over Normandy ripped with EAC and encoded with the LAME -standard preset. The score has a ton of really loud, brassy sections and I'm hearing detail and notes in brass chords I've never heard before. Ok, I just tried listening to the song Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard, which I chose specifically because I transcribed the violin part a while ago and the violin line in that song was very hard to for me to hear without changing the EQ to really emphasize the treble on my Koss UR40. I don't have to touch the EQ with the 6is to hear the violin clear as a... well, a very clear thing.

I know you're all wondering about the bass, but I don't listen to much bass heavy commerical music, and I haven't heard the ER-6's either, so I really can't comment there since I don't know what people who listen to it would expect, sorry... I know that I'm happy listening to the really brassy bits of SWON and The Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack, there's at least enough richness in the sound there to satisfy me. But let me just say that I'm very happy, and thanks to those on Head-Fi who recommended them to me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #78 of 83
i ordered mine today. cant wait to get them

Sep 3, 2004 at 8:40 AM Post #79 of 83
I got mine today and listened to them briefly - coming from the Grado SR-225 with flats, I was NOT disappointed with the bass at all. Great isolation as was expected. More later.

Oct 23, 2004 at 6:26 PM Post #80 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by lcachola
I got mine today and listened to them briefly - coming from the Grado SR-225 with flats, I was NOT disappointed with the bass at all. Great isolation as was expected. More later.

What did you think of them in comparison to the Grado SR-225? I was considering the Grados yet that'd mean I'd have to use my Senn MX500s for portable use and they are not good for this(bus engine noise overpowers music, wind when riding bike overpowers music, etc)..

a) What do they sound like in comparison to the Grados? better, worse, same, different? I hear a lot that the Grados are bad on classical.. I do listen to some classical, and if a 'phone is that bad with classical, I'd have to question its neutrality.

b) How long does it take to take the etys in and out? While doing things and moving around I take the senns out and put them back in quite a bit, so being able to do this without taking a minute is important, or they're not for me. I'd like to be able to insert them in ten seconds or less.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 7:37 PM Post #81 of 83
I got mine about a week ago.

I have no idea why you guys rave about the bass... there is none.

I'm getting a good seal with the flanges, but even with the foamies, there's no bass.

I've "burned" them in for 48 good hours as well... still no bass.

confused.gif

These things are giving me a horrible ringing in the ears as well, even though my listening volume is very low (less than 1/4 bar on the 4G iPod)

Oct 24, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #82 of 83
Hi, this is my first post and I hate to make it a negative one. I have heard that the first batch of Er6i's had a defect in their design. Some people have complained that the tips do not stay on. I received my pair just two days ago and love them so far (except for the chepo cable).

I talked with Roz at Headroom and supposedly the Er6i's are back ordered until ety can correct the problem. I will be sending my pair back, just in case. I think I am also going to try out the E3c in the mean time.

Nov 4, 2004 at 8:58 PM Post #83 of 83
i haven't tried the er6i pre-revision
but let me tell you these are off the heezy..isolation galore
3flange = much better tip than er6

they just got them in @ J&R and i picked them up today
like william hung...'i have no regrets'

i saw the shure e3c on CL for 100 but based on what i've been reading, i'm more of a grado kinda guy than a senny guy

they indeed do look flimsy but these silicone tips enter into unchartered territory in my ear that q-tips never got to

i read somewhere that some guy posted he can't hear a starbucks frap machine with these puppies on..now i know why

batch ER 0435

ENOUGH ABOUT SHIPMENT WHINING...LET'S GET SOME REVIEWS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back