My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video
Sep 12, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #31 of 42
How about T50p? If you do, I will send mine to you right away for an operation, hehe.....

Sep 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #32 of 42
I'm not sure about the T50P as they are newer. I can take a look at them though for you :wink:

Sep 12, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #33 of 42

Quote:
I'm not sure about the T50P as they are newer. I can take a look at them though for you :wink:

to me, it seems the t50p would be pretty difficult to recable. the stock one is so thin and the strain relief is also pretty thin. i guess you could replace it with a better quality thin wire but to me it seems to do a decent job for such a thin cable.

Sep 12, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #34 of 42
I believe they both use Sommer cable which is very nice stuff. SaiSai in my opinion the T50P may not benefit from a new cable as it's just a portable phone.

Although I would still love to make a video on them for my youtube channel :wink:

Sep 12, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #35 of 42

Quote:
I believe they both use Sommer cable which is very nice stuff. SaiSai in my opinion the T50P may not benefit from a new cable as it's just a portable phone.

Although I would still love to make a video on them for my youtube channel :wink:

after my setup gets here ill loan you mine, if you pay shipping.  should be ast early as the coming friday but dono for sure

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #36 of 42
Yeah I can pay the shipping Dave, I'd love to demo these on my amps!

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #37 of 42
I need to establish whether LCD-2s, HE-6s, or T1s are the best next headphone to try out.  It's hard to say if I'd enjoy any of them more than my HD800s given my current setup.  In all honesty I only want LCD-2s for research purposes, and pure curiosity as to how orthos stack up...I wish there was a 4 or 5 way shootout with some high end gear, preferably a B22 to test them with, as that's the best amp I have now.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #38 of 42
Nice review Zombie_X, quite informative. Would you suggest me the best desktop amp I can get under 500$ for my current DT990 250ohm and my further upgrade - mighty T1 ?  Personaly I like DT990 for their detail and bass depth but from my current source (Audinst HUD-MX1  DAC/AMP) they sound way too bright, trebles make my ears bleed in an hour, and the bass is deep but overwhelming and uncontrolled.. I would be happy to get the best price/performance ratio for the money I have and get some control and balance over DT990. This amp would be used exclusively with this 2 headphones and I'm not willing sell the amp after I buy T1, so it must be good enough for both this headphones, reveal their potential as much as possible for the money i have.. Guys suggested me ask you personal 'course you've got huge experience in this domain... 

Oct 10, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #39 of 42
Yes, great video Zombie_X. I loved the informal, unrefined quality to it, it made me relax and listen to the descriptions, rather than think that I'm listening to someone trying to sell me something.

Oct 10, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #40 of 42
I can recommend the WA3 headphone amp. I have the older WA3+ but with the right tubes the DT990's treble won't be a problem for you. The amp itself is $495 bucks but t will do both of those headphone justice!

Oh and as for the tubes, try to get some Bugle Boy 6DJ8's and a RCA 6AS7. That combo will give you silky smooth sound and more midrange as well.

Quote:
Nice review Zombie_X, quite informative. Would you suggest me the best desktop amp I can get under 500$ for my current DT990 250ohm and my further upgrade - mighty T1 ?  Personaly I like DT990 for their detail and bass depth but from my current source (Audinst HUD-MX1  DAC/AMP) they sound way too bright, trebles make my ears bleed in an hour, and the bass is deep but overwhelming and uncontrolled.. I would be happy to get the best price/performance ratio for the money I have and get some control and balance over DT990. This amp would be used exclusively with this 2 headphones and I'm not willing sell the amp after I buy T1, so it must be good enough for both this headphones, reveal their potential as much as possible for the money i have.. Guys suggested me ask you personal 'course you've got huge experience in this domain... 

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #41 of 42

Zombie_X, thanks. On more question.. I've been also looking on some chinese stuff like LD MkIII or even LD MkIV , they are really cheap -> Twice cheaper than Woo or Ming MG.  ? . In other threads people quite often recommend that lovely device Ming MG, can you say something about it too ? It's just a small problem with WA3 - shipping to my country will add about 100$, and the final price will overpass 600$ for sure ... 

edit : 

Just have found the answer LD MKIV vs WA3  : ->  I would say save up another $200 and get the WA3+. The Woo is a far better amp and gives even more power output to the headphones. It fully drives my T1's no problem

Hoping to find the answer about LD MkIV vs Ming MG too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back