My deepest condolences go out to Sugarfried and all those who are suffering...
Jul 21, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried
I googled her name on friday afternoon when it was first released and the modeling page was the only page that came up. Now there are hundreds of links to news outlets, music websites and blogs...

A very beautiful woman with a very dark inner self.

Jul 25, 2005 at 9:49 PM Post #47 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Altorfer
A very beautiful woman with a very dark inner self.

From the news reports and from talking with the families it will likely be a long and drawn out court case. It appears as though they'll try the 'not guilty by reason of temporary insanity' defense.

Jul 25, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #49 of 57
Quote:

From the news reports and from talking with the families it will likely be a long and drawn out court case. It appears as though they'll try the 'not guilty by reason of temporary insanity' defense.

Very difficult to prove, but even if she was actually insane, who could guarantee it was just temporary?

Jul 25, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
Can someone give me a summary of what actually happened? The news link in the first post does not seem to be working.

In a suicide attempt, a young lady drove her car into the rear end of a car that was stopped at a stop light. When she hit the car, she was said to have been traveling at approx 70 mph. She survived, but killed the three people in the car she crashed into. The car contained three Shure employees John, Doug, and Micheal who were also prominent musicians in the Chicago area. All three men were very well liked by their fellow employees at Shure, and in the Chicago music scene.

Jul 25, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
This is terrible...involving other people is the worst thing you can do
frown.gif
If you want to go...go on your own...dont drag others in with you
frown.gif

My thoughts exactly. Why not just jump off a bridge or something?
confused.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
In a suicide attempt, a young lady drove her car into the rear end of a car that was stopped at a stop light. When she hit the car, she was said to have been traveling at approx 70 mph. She survived, but killed the three people in the car she crashed into. The car contained three Shure employees John, Doug, and Micheal who were also prominent musicians in the Chicago area. All three men were very well liked by their fellow employees at Shure, and in the Chicago music scene.

Thanks Jasper, appreciate the help.

This is terrible. Why did she choose to committ suicide in a traffic accident?

Jul 25, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #54 of 57
Depression comes with a very selfish state of mind. People in this state spend so much mental energy feeling sorry for themselves that they often cannot even start to contemplate how their actions affect others around them. I personally hope they, at very least, lock her away for a very long time. Regardless of whether or not she is "insane", she's a threat to innocent people and has no business being out in public.

Jul 26, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #56 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Depression comes with a very selfish state of mind. People in this state spend so much mental energy feeling sorry for themselves that they often cannot even start to contemplate how their actions affect others around them. I personally hope they, at very least, lock her away for a very long time. Regardless of whether or not she is "insane", she's a threat to innocent people and has no business being out in public.

That's partially true. I used to volunteer at a suicide prevention clinic, so I've hear and read hundreds of suicide cases. My boss/supervisor is a pretty well known researcher on suicide. It is true that they feel sorry for them self. However, typically people who commit suicide do not wish any harm on others at all. A lot of them actually think they are causing others pain. Their hypersensitivity causes them to be overly aware of other people, thus suicides usually happen in private and/or secluded places, which isn't the case with this girl. A family friend committed suicide because he felt like he's an inadequate husband and father. So when they hurt others, it is by their absense and not violence.
From my limited knowledge of psychology, what I studied in college, she has much bigger issues. What I mean is that she either has a major psychological disorder or she is a criminal. That is up to the court and jury to decide.

I do want to offer my condolescence to sugarfried.

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:36 PM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

Michael's family was here today to see his work space and to pick up his personal belongings. How sad.

have been on holiday for ten days and just saw this.... all so sad.... and the finality of that act must've been wrenching beyond belief.

my condolences.

don't know much else to say.... except that i heard there would be a memorial here in paris. if it hasn't already been, i would go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back