My deepest condolences go out to Sugarfried and all those who are suffering...
Jul 19, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #17 of 57
I don't know what to say.. this kind of thing makes me feel sick. I hope she gets a life term so she can think about the consequences for the rest of her life.

My thoughts are with their family, friends, and co-workers.

Jul 19, 2005 at 2:52 PM Post #18 of 57
Unfortunately, i drove past the accident on my way to UPS in skokie. traffic was obviously backed up, and it looked terrible, right off of skokie blvd. and dempster, you couldn't even look it. Later on I saw it on the news and was horrified at what happened, the 3 have been in my prayers and I hope justice is served.

Jul 19, 2005 at 3:01 PM Post #19 of 57
It's a horrible, horrible tragedy!!!!... My sincere condolences to all people who knew and loved the three victims!....
frown.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #21 of 57
Tragedies never seem to make much sense...things like this are the worst of all.

My condolences to the families and all their friends at Shure. I wish there was something any of us could say that would somehow make it better, but there isn't.
frown.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #23 of 57
heartbreaking. awful. my thoughts are with everyone involved.

Jul 19, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #24 of 57
My thoughts are with the victims and loved ones of this terrible and senseless tragedy.

I thought the following from this
article
on Doug Meis' funeral was very poignant:

Quote:

Not only does Sliwinski face first-degree murder charges but she may also face the death penalty -- something Doug Meis' close friend does not think she deserves.

"How ironic, she is trying to take her life. Why give her that? That is a wish of hers. I think she should understand and live through life with the remorse she has," said Joseph Gray, victim's friend.

Jul 19, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #25 of 57
i dont even know what to say...i cant even comprehend what the three families and all their friends must be going through...and i agree with keeping her alive, without trying to sound vengeful, she deserves to live to 150 and feel the remorse of what shes done every day of her life. Giving her death is an easy way out considering she wanted to die in the first place...

everyone involved is in my thoughts...

Jul 19, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #28 of 57
Wow. I can't believe something like this can happen in the first place, much less to a company very close to the heart of this community. My condolences to all involved, directly or indirectly.

Just out of sheer curiousity, I looked up the woman whose attempted suicide caused all this. A model living in the Chicago area, unbelievably beautiful. Set to spend the entirety of her life behind bars, either in jail or mental institution. Can't see the death penalty coming out of this -- truly, if the jury is shown this was an attempted suicide, they wouldn't hasten her demise. Can't even begin to imagine what would bring anyone to do something so horribly selfish.

Jul 19, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #29 of 57
I looked up a musician's board which is really heartwrenching, because although we know them from Shure, these posters knew them as musicians and they all have personal stories gigging with them, being inspired by them, etc - Link So my thoughts go out to family and friends and workmates, but also everyone who's been touched in their lives by them and inspired by them.

Jul 19, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #30 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie

Just out of sheer curiousity, I looked up the woman whose attempted suicide caused all this. A model living in the Chicago area, unbelievably beautiful. Set to spend the entirety of her life behind bars, either in jail or mental institution.

I pulled up a old high school yearbook and realized where i remembered her - we graduated from the same high school same class of 2000. It is absolutely horrific to think how the paths of people we know take them, and the tragedy of this event really has a lot of people shaken up in the community. THe family and friends of all those afflicted by this tragedy have my condolences and prayers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back