My darkest desires soon to be fullfilled
Nov 26, 2001 at 5:30 PM Post #91 of 1,001
This thread is getting a little too confusing. Way too much info
biggrin.gif

I order quite a few CDs. so once they come in, I'll start a new thread just for that.

Oh, and you might as well start a new thread for King Diamond & Mercyful Fate right now! I have a few things to ask you.

Nov 26, 2001 at 5:37 PM Post #92 of 1,001
Magic
I purchased both used Mercyful Fate Cds from same seller at half.com, usually takes week or so to arrive will give summary one I give them a spin along with other groups.

Therion (now) is Symphonic Scandanavian Metal blending tradional metal instruments and hard driving powerful sound with choral and orchestral elements so seamlessly fused makes Metallica SM look like a joke. Early Therion had the more traditional "death" trappings and is not of intrest to me, but starting with "theli" CD they took quantum leap in scope/scale/quality of sound. Go to any site that sells Cds and check some windows media samples, or if you have high speed connection there are surely MP3 samples online. These are must have CDs:
Theli
Vovin
Deggial
Secret of the Runes

Yes by all means start a thread on any group you want to discuss in detail like Mercyful Fate.

Nov 26, 2001 at 9:39 PM Post #93 of 1,001
Add Crowning of Atlantis to that list of CDs, it is dort of an EP, and worth it for the title track (Which is one of their best songs), but also a cover of Accept which is just perfect, and a Manowar cover, and some redos of other songs from Vovin.

Nov 26, 2001 at 10:10 PM Post #95 of 1,001
Dark Angel,

After you receive and listen to your Mercyful Fate CD's,that would be the perfect time to start a new thread. I can share a lot of information about King Diamond & Mercyful Fate since I started listening to them in 1986.

Since I'm getting into their music again,I consider myself "still" a fan of their music.

Nov 27, 2001 at 6:31 AM Post #97 of 1,001
Well I for one don't mind the thread getting long. It's so appropriately titled. I know when I get an email in my inbox entitled "Reply to post 'My darkest desires soon to be fullfilled'", that it's time to get around to going to Head-Fi...because I know that I may be about to be introduced to some new music that I need to check out...

But now that I think about it, I have noticed this page is getting longer to load...so, like KR..., please use the keyword "dark" somewhere in the subject line...

NP: Dead Can Dance - Within the Realm of a Dying Sun

PS Hey, did you notice that a lot of us have an "X" in our moniker? Xevion, Onix, xxhalberstramxx...

Some of us are going to have to change our monikers. Suggestions:

DustyChalx
DarxAngel
XR...

...uh...

Stymie Xiasma

j/x

Dec 1, 2001 at 2:44 PM Post #99 of 1,001
COF Dusk and Her Embrace arrived, just got my first listen and I can see why KR is so found of this CD. The progressive/intricate
dark soundscape it not too different from an Opeth CD, however the lead singer of COF I believe goes too overboard with the vocal extremes too often, which I feel detracts from music. I feel Opeth is much more skillful in this respect, using vocal extremes
less often and more judiciously, allowing the music to flow better.
This is a good example however of how Opeth should incorporate female vox into the mix to enhance atmosphere/ range even more
as COF uses this to good effect.

My regrets to Onix however as I will be keeping this CD, sorry dude. Thanks to KR for another good tip. I will listen a couple more spins.

Dec 1, 2001 at 10:24 PM Post #101 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
My regrets to Onix however as I will be keeping this CD, sorry dude.

I'll get it from KR, don't worry. BTW, anybody here likes Siouxie and the Banshees?

Dec 2, 2001 at 2:15 AM Post #102 of 1,001
Onix
This is perhaps not "dark/evil" enough for this thread, but yes I was a big Siouxie fan in the early 1980's, saw her at Park West
small club in Chicago. Had all her albums up to Hyena, then I lost interest. Best CD for me is "kaleidoscope" when she was at her creative peak. I really like the song "sin in my heart" from CD JuJu.

She was one of the original groupies in the early punk scence in London, you always see pictures of her "hanging" backstage or at parties with Sex Pistols, Billy Idol etc

BTW I like your new avatar, much more "gothic"

Dec 2, 2001 at 2:37 AM Post #103 of 1,001
Is a Giger sculpture made by McFarlane toys. I allways liked it and when I saw it on 3d I decided to include it on my Xmas list. I guess I also got tired of my picture on negative. BTW, do you like Clive Barker? Check his new line of figures at www.spawn.com. They seem like upgraded cenobytes. Word is that they are going to make a movie about them. That has to be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back