my DAC design - pup1 DAC
Nov 2, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #211 of 675

Quote:
Updated board still on my to do list.

Crazy work for the last month has kept me really, really, busy.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 but you're trying ... that's great news.

The PupDAC sounds wonderful on the Dsavitsk/Beezar Torpedo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #212 of 675
Just cased my pup1 dac, this evening.  I'm going to give it some extensive listening this week.  Thanks for the great project.  I hope this ends up with a new revision, soon (with a kit with panels).  Those mini usb jacks aren't fun to cut out.

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #213 of 675

Quote:
Just cased my pup1 dac, this evening.  I'm going to give it some extensive listening this week.  Thanks for the great project.  I hope this ends up with a new revision, soon (with a kit with panels).  Those mini usb jacks aren't fun to cut out.

Hmm ... we'll keep the case idea in mind.  I know what you mean - I would never try the exact shape by hand and have only used a rectangle when I've done it.

I understand cobaltmute may be sort of close to finishing the new revision.  The Pup has been my primary listening source for many months now.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #214 of 675
I finished the revision of the board recently and am sitting on it right now. I find giving myself a break and then coming back to it after a week or so helps to sanity check on the layout.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #216 of 675

Quote:
That's great news. I had almost given up on this puppy. Will Beezar be selling complete kits of this DAC (just like the GrubDAC) in the near future?

That's certainly the hope.
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #224 of 675
I can only compare this dac to the grub dac, gamma 1, bantam dac and alien dac.  The pupDac is clearly in a different category.  It's very detailed and I just enjoy the music.  I'm building a gamma 2 and it will fun to compare the two.  Thanks needs to go to cobaltmute and tomb for a fun project.

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #225 of 675

Quote:
I can only compare this dac to the grub dac, gamma 1, bantam dac and alien dac.  The pupDac is clearly in a different category.  It's very detailed and I just enjoy the music.  I'm building a gamma 2 and it will fun to compare the two.  Thanks needs to go to cobaltmute and tomb for a fun project.

Thanks for those kind comments!

I got notice that the PCB's shipped last night, so I'm thinking I'll have them by Thursday at the latest.  I'll post some pics when I have them.  Cobaltmute suggested that I supply the jacks, since they're the only thing that has to be ordered from DigiKey.  I have those already in hand as of yesterday.

Also, we haven't "officially" asked for prototype volunteers as of yet, but those of you who have volunteered will definitely be asked first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back